Home

Custom Playbooks = Online Cheesing

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks = Online Cheesing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #25
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Custom Playbooks = Online Cheesing

There were a ton of cheesers in this years game... it's only these same people who will cheese custom playbooks.... Cheeseing is cheesing, no matter how you do it
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #26
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I have no problem playing randoms online. I'd rather play a cheesy random than cpu any day.

The problem is EA allegedly input a learning curve for the A.I ex: If my opponent is running the same play over and over, the other 10 players Im not controlling would predict the play and jump it every time. If EA actually implements this, money plays would become an obsolete term.

I am happy zone is being re-worked. Nothing is worse than a guy throwing to the flats all game with me in a cover 2.
then i will call you a cheeser. cause no one likes cheesers
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #27
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #28
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
He's a cheeser because they would rather play a cheesy human than a cpu?!?! Don't get that one.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #29
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Thats why I stopped playing random people online. Its no fun. I only play with buddies who i know dont cheese.

I love custom playbooks for offline. Personally I play 2 dynasites every year. An Oregon State one before named rosters come out and then a rebuild a school one. Like last year i was SJSU. For a school like SJSU that I am rebuilding I want a custom playbook to "implement" my system in the program. So its welcomed for me.
This is EXACTLY the reason I needed it.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #30
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
He's a cheeser because they would rather play a cheesy human than a cpu?!?! Don't get that one.
if you like playing cheesers online then theres a 99% chance dude is a cheeser. Cause anyone who plays online doesnt like cheesers and would rather play the cpu than deal with unrealistic play.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #31
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
if you like playing cheesers online then theres a 99% chance dude is a cheeser. Cause anyone who plays online doesnt like cheesers and would rather play the cpu than deal with unrealistic play.
LOL wow. 1st off I said no problem not "Like" playing cheesers. I believe cheesers make you a better player in the end. Are they hell-a frustrating and repetitive?? Hell yea. But as they run the same plays over and over, you get to experiment w/ different defensive plays until you finally find that one play to stop THEIR CHEESE. Rinse & repeat as they go to their other money plays you use trial and error until you find the perfect defensive calls to stop those plays. Finally you get to the fun part where the cheeser gets frustrated, shutdown on offense and you blow them out by 30 points. There is no greater feeling than blowing out a Cheeser.

I can honestly say after playing over 700+ games online(w/o even being online the last 2 months) you face everything in the cheese cook book. Eventually you know what plays stop what and become an even more dangerous SIM player when you and another sim guy matches up.

Maybe I am that 1% FYI: My favorite team to play with is Nevada. I'm 97.654% sure I will never use Custom playbook and I hope they are not allowed online, but I am glad EA put them in. The same 3 or 4 money plays from my opponent, ok whatever. 10 or more money plays will be dang near impossible to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #32
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGK
If you think it's unrealistic for your opponent to not run a play because you are unable to slow it down, you do not know football.

And guess what? If you can stop the "money" play, your opponent will stop using it.

What a novel concept. #icandoittoo

Blah blah blah. I am a casual gamer and I like to play people who play a realistic style. I don't understand why people take pride in their video game prowess and act lie they're little mini coaches/athletes.

That's a big part of why I avoid online play. Ill be in a great game with someone and all of the sudden this irrational competitive streak takes over and they resort to cheesy tactics. Or worse, you play someone and they're better than you and they spend all game trash talking. Really? This is a game, people. Its not real. Its a fun distraction from the hassle of real life. Win or lose be damned. I just want to have fun for the hour I have a controller in my hand and I don't think that's too much to ask. Meh.

Anyway, I'm not saying YOU do any of this. Just venting a bit. Now I'm going to play a game in the 10th season of my OSU dynasty and enjoy the hell out of myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »