Home

2 things I would like to see brought back to NCAA.

This is a discussion on 2 things I would like to see brought back to NCAA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2 things I would like to see brought back to NCAA.

Im extremely happy with the direction that the NCAA franchise is going, but there are some things that I feel still need to be added back to the game from the past gen.

1. As mentioned in a previous thread... the Camera Shake during the game. I thought that was one best features that they had ever added, it really made playing on the road feel authentic. If they brought this back along with the composure aspect that came with it you might have the best NCAA since 2006.

2. Random Suspensions/Discipline. I thought was a pretty cool feature that was underapperciated during last gen. Like in real life, players would randomly do stupid things and (you the coach) would have to decide whether to suspend the player for a half, 1 game 2 games, the season etc... and if you didn't instill any discipline into your program you risked going on Probation. This also effected recruiting... players had a discipline rating attached to their profile which had a corresponding letter Grade for example you might have been estatic too land that 5 star wideout, but his discipline rating was an F so there is a good chance he f***'s up during his time on campus. Great feature that needs to be brought back in my opinoin.

Nothing fancy, just some stuff that I thought could make this upcoming game or future NCAA games even better than they already are.

Last edited by Nicejob3532; 05-07-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2 things I would like to see brought back to NCAA.

I agree with the Camera shake.

And the Suspensions and Discipline I would LOVE. I think they had something like this in like 06 or around there I don't remember. But I would love it if they did something like that. It would add a ridiculous amount of realism. I would hate/love watching the 5* recruit with a F rating in Discipline to see him get in trouble with grades or even the law. I feel like this addition is definitely in sight for this year or next year. But we'll have to wait and see.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

It has been a lonngggg time so I could be wrong, but I believe there was a statement several years ago that they couldn't use the suspensions/discipline aspect anymore because the NCAA got on them about it.

It's certainly understandable if that is the case. Perhaps some of the older members around here know better what I am referring to?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I like the idea of infractions; I hated how it was implemented; I felt there were too many issues and I HATED how you had to assign points to recruiting and training and discipline. There shouldn't be a limit on how much you can discipline players
Old 05-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

If i recall right the NCAA won't allow EA/Tiburon to put the disipline rating back into the game with the players getting in trouble because the NCAA didn't want negative aspects of college football in their game... which i think is laughable with all the real life sanctions they hand out it would only add to the realism

Last edited by Headtrip325; 05-07-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 28

I have no issues with infractions not being in the game. I remember NCAA 99 was supposed to have fans climbing on the goal posts after a big win, there were even pics posted however the NCAA put the kabosh on this element in the game as well.

The camera shake should return. That was awesome. Put it in the game and make it optional...
Old 05-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would like the last gen feature of going to a 16 team playoff system. I am sure that won't happen, but I hate the BCS BS system.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I have no issues with infractions not being in the game. I remember NCAA 99 was supposed to have fans climbing on the goal posts after a big win, there were even pics posted however the NCAA put the kabosh on this element in the game as well.

The camera shake should return. That was awesome. Put it in the game and make it optional...
Wasnt 03 the last game to have that? I hate how that isnt in the game...really adds to the atmosphere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »