Home

Ranking the SEC RB

This is a discussion on Ranking the SEC RB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Ranking the SEC RB

I'm not buying that Dyer cr** just yet. Let's see how he does when he dont have a 260 pound Qb running it. Next year the defense will key in on him way more than when he had Newton.. People are hyping him because most people the only game they saw of him was the title game.

1. Trent Richardson
2. Marcus Lattimore
3. Knile Davis
4. Marcus Dyer
5.... Ect
Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
lmao @ Knile 1st...

1. Richardson
  2. Lattimore
  3. Dyer
  4. Ware
  5. Demps
  6. Davis
  7. Stacy
  8. Poole
  9. Bolden
  10. Crowell
  11. Ballard
  12. Sanders
I knew people were going to disagree with me since theres really not much difference between some of them, but how do you have the leading returning rusher in the SEC behind ware and demps? Ware could very well be better but he hasnt proven it yet with only 175 yards. Knile had 152 yards against LSU, 140 yards against OSU, and averaged 7 YPC against alabama. all great defenses

I could see where someone could say that mallett took the pressure off of him though but still. Ware could be a lot better if mettenberger could make teams not load the box against him though

Last edited by gohogs141; 05-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #19
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
I knew people were going to disagree with me since theres really not much difference between some of them, but how do you have the leading returning rusher in the SEC behind ware and demps? Ware could very well be better but he hasnt proven it yet with only 175 yards. Knile had 152 yards against LSU, 140 yards against OSU, and averaged 7 YPC against alabama. all great defenses

I could see where someone could say that mallett took the pressure off of him though but still
Ya I agree there I'm a huge Florida fan and follow them very close but no way in he** is Demps #5 lol. He hardly ever reaches 20 carries a game... He averages a 7.0 YPA but that's it, he's a big score or nothing most of the time at least for the RB position I mean. He makes plays though but he is really not built to be a RB. IMO Rainey would be the better RB if you had to pick just for that position
Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

You know i just realized i probably sound pretty stupid with my reasoning for dyer since we lost 3 OL and mallett...these rankings are so subjective
Old 05-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

It's all opinion at this point until they go put next year and show it it means nothing. Anything could happen O-line turn out to be bad, Rb just wasn't as good as we thought, injury, ect....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #22
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't think Davis can be a feature back. He was a great one two punch with TrailerPark, but I'm not sold on him being a everydown back

@AdamdotH
Old 05-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #23
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I don't think Davis can be a feature back. He was a great one two punch with TrailerPark, but I'm not sold on him being a everydown back
Well we do get dennis johnson back from injury so that should help him. He did take 30 carries in games more than once last year and added 10 LBs of muscle over the offseason

guess we'll see. It really all depends on if Wilson can be as good as he showed against auburn or not so we get more balance
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #24
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree with everyone saying Lattimore number 1... It'll be interesting to see if Clowney will be able to make an impact though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »