Home

how to run Oregon's offense?

This is a discussion on how to run Oregon's offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #17
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: how to run Oregon's offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Slat I would love to play you online
HA! I would get worked I am sure. I am great at playing the computer and at beating my friends who dont know **** bout actual football.

But, a true OSer? I wouldnt stand a chance.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Pretty much. The play develops too slowly in the backfield. And some of the key reads can be inconsistent.

I'm assuming you're trying to take advantage of Taylor Martinez's abilites, which aren't really existent in NCAA 11. The burst he has is something that you won't see in the game. The read options just move too slowly.
He's playing as Oregon, so he has a QB with plenty of burst.

It's just that the read option isn't a viable play in NCAA 11. It works occasionally (and it works well on users who play as the DE, as the user cannot control the DE while the read is being made), but it goes for negative yards far too often.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
He's playing as Oregon, so he has a QB with plenty of burst.

It's just that the read option isn't a viable play in NCAA 11. It works occasionally (and it works well on users who play as the DE, as the user cannot control the DE while the read is being made), but it goes for negative yards far too often.
He's playing with Oregon's playbook. No mention of using the team. I also made no mention of him using a QB without burst. I said that the burst you'd expect to be utilizing(from Taylor Martinez) doesn't happen in NCAA. The play develops far too slow, and the animation is slow-moving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »