Home

QB Ratings

This is a discussion on QB Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: QB Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Nobody knows for sure. I used to feel like it was true, but I'm not noticing it as much anymore. It's either there and only some people notice, or it's just a placebo effect.
Well I always thought it was kinda just myth myself, but I a buddy had a OD spot open for TCU and sense Florida was taken I accepted. Anyway I'm in 2 OD's now and when I play the TCU games with star QB who has high AWR Wr's just seem open all day long but when I played UF's with Brantley who only has 78 AWR it seems like more of a struggle.

Now I know the teams I face way different but I played a bunch of good teams with TCU and it still felt that way and Idk why lol. Makes you wonder

Last edited by 1GATOR FAN; 05-12-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
the additional ratings would be nice....but honestly do you guys think EA really knows the short range accuarcy or deep ball accuarcy of the 2nd or 3rd string QB's on every teams roster?

They should just add additional gameplay sliders for short, medium and long passes it would make things much easier because i doubt they actually scout the backup QB's throughout the country to determine their passing accuracy

heck they have a hard time right now with just the two standard passer ratings

It's easier in Madden because where talking about at the most 2-3 QB's per team which i'm sure they have more data on to evaluate NFL QB's
So then how do they figure out Man Coverage and Zone Coverage ratings for every defensive back? Or Pass/Run Block Footwork/Strength for every lineman?

This is one area they'll always get a pass because of the sheer volume of players and the whole putting real players into the game issue. Especially if they put in a global editor and make roster customization easy.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
So then how do they figure out Man Coverage and Zone Coverage ratings for every defensive back? Or Pass/Run Block Footwork/Strength for every lineman?

This is one area they'll always get a pass because of the sheer volume of players and the whole putting real players into the game issue. Especially if they put in a global editor and make roster customization easy.
you bring up a interesting question and i'll give a hint where most of their other ratings come from go check any madden roster file from the last 6 years take a RB or WR from any college that is in the NFL right now and you'll see very similiar ratings to players at the same program who are in NCAA football

In other words they recyle ratings randomly

If you old ratings of LaVar Arrington in Madden you can bet if there is a top notch LB at Penn St on NCAA 12 you'll see his ratings very similiar to what LaVar Arrington was rated in Madden 07

So they aren't really scouting the other players either.....but for the QB's i'm guessing since there are very few of them that actually make the NFL they just leave it at random numbers for just passing accuarcy and arm strength

That is why i said simply adding a gameplay Slider for short, medium and long passing woudl be sufficient enough IMO

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-12-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

EA doesnt have to know how well each backup QB in the country throws. I'm willing to bet that the roster guys at EA converge on a decent overall rating for each player and then completely randomize each attribute based on height and weight.

Might be different for the well known players as they will probably have a few attributes that cater to their realistic football ability.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
EA doesnt have to know how well each backup QB in the country throws. I'm willing to bet that the roster guys at EA converge on a decent overall rating for each player and then completely randomize each attribute based on height and weight.

Might be different for the well known players as they will probably have a few attributes that cater to their realistic football ability.
agreed. since they are not using likeness, they would not breach violations.
Just make it random and fit the teams playstyle.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

I would prefer it if we had a recruit generator and a global editor. I care more about getting the recruiting classes right than the initial rosters. I have a tendency to play about 15 years into dynasty mode so the initial rosters are really pretty transient for me especially as more and more of them leave each year.
I also have a pretty strong faith in the community to come out and fix the initial rosters. EA only needs to do good enough to get random online play right.

I would definitely like short, medium, and long range accuracy ratings, and the sliders to adjust how they play out, and a global editor to further adjust. Give me options!!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
For the college game, I'd like to see a "ball handling" rating to account for the zone read. Players with a higher rating are able to get the defense to bite more often and create bigger running lanes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »