Home

How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand With the Next Gen of Consoles and NCAA Football?
I want the next gen of consoles now, NCAA 13/14 should be on a new console 22 32.84%
I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen 37 55.22%
I'm not sure 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #17
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
I just bought my Ps3 a little over a year ago.. an announcement of a new console would be heart break lol. :\
i got my 360 in 2009 and im feeling the same way. Its sort of a heartbreak to even hear rumors about a new console lol. Isn't it too early for the wii to even work on a new console?

Quote:
I don't want a new console, because all that means is they going to have to start over again and it would take them 4 years to get to where they are now. no thank you.
this is what i was thinkin too. depending on the availability of xbox 360 games when the new consoles come out, i might wait 6 months to listen for any news on console issues and if the games i like are stilled bein made then i will hold off on buyin the next one.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't think the next gen will be here anytime soon in terms of PS3 and 360 upgrades. Even if they did come I wouldn't buy one for years. There is a lot of life left in these systems and knowing how long it takes EA to get a game right on a new console means there is no reason for me to upgrade as soon as a console came out.

Whenever a new console comes out I would like EA to port the old game and make improvements with that. I will not accept a new game with prettier graphics and hopefully a true physics engine if that means spending years dealing with a game that lacks features and has poor AI. The graphical upgrade for the next set of systems will be the smallest jump we have seen anyways. These current systems can do some great things as it is.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #19
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm going with I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen. I'm not ready to start all over with a new gaming console.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
I'm going with I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen. I'm not ready to start all over with a new gaming console.
I agree.
NCAA series are becoming great. Idont want to see another turn around this soon.
It is kinda like the MAdden series. IT as becoming elite, then after the new consoles it was bad ever since.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

When simply talking about the game, I'm more than ready for the new generation of consoles. If they truly are looking at physics-based gameplay on the next gen, then it can't get here soon enough. It's apparent to me that they have limitations with this engine that simply can't be changed as the same problems are present in the game year after year.

When I first heard about the PS3 and 360, my initial excitement had nothing to do with the graphics. Initially, I thought, "Can you imagine what kind of physics and AI they're going to be able to put in the game now!? It might practically feel like real football." Little did I know that simple things such as momentum, agility, acceleration, passing trajectories, etc. would take years to be implemented into the game, and that many of them wouldn't be done as well as they were back on the PS2.

Some people might think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't care if the first next-gen title had no dynasty/online dynasty mode or road to glory mode. I wouldn't even care if there were nothing but generic stadiums and only two uniforms (home and away) for every team. I'd be nice if you could play a single season, but even that isn't a must. As long as it had exhibition play and great, physics-based gameplay, I'd hardly be able to put it down. If they'd get a solid foundation for the gameplay first, then they could spend most of their time the rest of the generation implementing all the extra fluff, while making generally minor tweaks/fixes to the gameplay. In my opinion, we should't still be asking for fundamental things like speed rushes, foot planting, basic running physics, proper pass trajectories, and gang tackles 4-6 years after the fact.

The downside for me though is that I'm not excited about spending $400-$500 dollars on a new system. But I gladly would if there was a great football game to play.

PS: It also does us no good if EA tries to rush a game out on the new consoles. So, while I'm eager to get to the next-gen, I also hope that EA spends 2-3 years developing the engine for that first game. I don't think either answer in the poll fits me because I think NCAA 15-16 should be the first game out on next-gen, but it's not because I want to see this generation fleshed out (I think they're about as fleshed out as they're going to get). It's really more because of my desire to see EA really take their time to build a solid foundation that they can build on for years to come.

Last edited by Pokes404; 05-14-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #22
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Some people might think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't care if the first next-gen title had no dynasty/online dynasty mode or road to glory mode. I wouldn't even care if there were nothing but generic stadiums and only two uniforms (home and away) for every team. I'd be nice if you could play a single season, but even that isn't a must. As long as it had exhibition play and great, physics-based gameplay, I'd hardly be able to put it down. If they'd get a solid foundation for the gameplay first, then they could spend most of their time the rest of the generation implementing all the extra fluff
I would be in the boat of people that think you're crazy. And it sounds like you need to get yourself a copy of Backbreaker.

I know there is some fluff stuff that they add (mascot game, etc) but dynasty mode is essential to a sports game. Otherwise you are just playing a bunch of overall meaningless exhibition games.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
When simply talking about the game, I'm more than ready for the new generation of consoles. If they truly are looking at physics-based gameplay on the next gen, then it can't get here soon enough. It's apparent to me that they have limitations with this engine that simply can't be changed as the same problems are present in the game year after year.

When I first heard about the PS3 and 360, my initial excitement had nothing to do with the graphics. Initially, I thought, "Can you imagine what kind of physics and AI they're going to be able to put in the game now!? It might practically feel like real football." Little did I know that simple things such as momentum, agility, acceleration, passing trajectories, etc. would take years to be implemented into the game, and that many of them wouldn't be done as well as they were back on the PS2.

Some people might think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't care if the first next-gen title had no dynasty/online dynasty mode or road to glory mode. I wouldn't even care if there were nothing but generic stadiums and only two uniforms (home and away) for every team. I'd be nice if you could play a single season, but even that isn't a must. As long as it had exhibition play and great, physics-based gameplay, I'd hardly be able to put it down. If they'd get a solid foundation for the gameplay first, then they could spend most of their time the rest of the generation implementing all the extra fluff, while making generally minor tweaks/fixes to the gameplay. In my opinion, we should't still be asking for fundamental things like speed rushes, foot planting, basic running physics, proper pass trajectories, and gang tackles 4-6 years after the fact.

The downside for me though is that I'm not excited about spending $400-$500 dollars on a new system. But I gladly would if there was a great football game to play.

PS: It also does us no good if EA tries to rush a game out on the new consoles. So, while I'm eager to get to the next-gen, I also hope that EA spends 2-3 years developing the engine for that first game. I don't think either answer in the poll fits me because I think NCAA 15-16 should be the first game out on next-gen, but it's not because I want to see this generation fleshed out (I think they're about as fleshed out as they're going to get). It's really more because of my desire to see EA really take their time to build a solid foundation that they can build on for years to come.
I dont know why people automatically assume that there is some sort of magical limitation that EA has reached in regards to their titles. Physics can be done right now on current machines. It has nothing to do with needing to "wait" for a newer gen system.

There is nothing magical coming with the next gen systems. You are already witnessing the graphic card potentials that will be in the next gen system.....today !

Similar in concept to kit cars. You can have a great Lamborghini body kit sitting on a Pontiac Fiero frame and engine, just because the outside is spiffy, doesnt mean it goes fast.

The current systems have not even come close to being maxed out by the programmers, but in fact the current problem is that the programmers havent caught up to the technology....no vice versa.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #24
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I dont know why people automatically assume that there is some sort of magical limitation that EA has reached in regards to their titles. Physics can be done right now on current machines. It has nothing to do with needing to "wait" for a newer gen system.

There is nothing magical coming with the next gen systems. You are already witnessing the graphic card potentials that will be in the next gen system.....today !

Similar in concept to kit cars. You can have a great Lamborghini body kit sitting on a Pontiac Fiero frame and engine, just because the outside is spiffy, doesnt mean it goes fast.

The current systems have not even come close to being maxed out by the programmers, but in fact the current problem is that the programmers havent caught up to the technology....no vice versa.
I know that physics can be done on these consoles (I own Backbreaker); however, I just don't think EA is going to do it until they switch consoles. Physics engines take time, money, and resources to create and implement properly. EA has the only game in town right now, and they're making good money. I think the "higher-ups" are content with updating the game we have now and looking into making a jump to physics-based gameplay when the next-gen consoles come. I doubt they want to take any risks with two of their most popular franchises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »