Home

How do you guys get excited about recruiting?

This is a discussion on How do you guys get excited about recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: How do you guys get excited about recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
In my opinion, recruiting is what sets this game apart from Madden.

Fact; I spend more time recruiting than playing actual games.

I don't know. It's just a fun gaming experience. It doesn't always go your way, even though you've poured your heart and soul into a player.

I can't explain it any better than that.
fully agreed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #26
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

You create an attachment to players you scout out, recruit, sign, and then watch grow into play-makers.

Generally, I don't find myself really enjoying a dynasty until nearly all of the real life players are gone. I find I enjoy playing as 1 star schools more than top tier schools because it is practical to start new recruits earlier in the cycle in turn speeding up the process of seeing my own guys on the field while waving goodbye to whatever players were on the original roster. Plus, it allows all that recruiting to build towards something, namely a national championship, for a longer period of time. For instance in my 2023 WKU dynasty I have yet to win a national title although I have taken the school into the Big 10 in place of Illinois. I have participated in a number of BCS bowls and even a national title, and all this was possible because of the recruiting I have done over the course of the dynasty along with a good set of sliders with the only house rules being coach moding the defense and not messing with in game coaching adjustments such as aggressive dline.

Recently, I started an EMU dynasty with an online buddy. I went 1-11 my first year with some of the most disappointing losses I have ever experienced in an NCAA game (I beat Ball State). Nevertheless, I am hoping that the recruits I signed, many of which are JUCO guys, will take EMU up a notch. The big gets for me were numerous Olinemen with sneaky good abilities for 2 star players, a couple of ok corners, and a 3 star JUCO QB who I am hoping will really take things to a new level. This year in the recruiting cycle I am really looking for a good running back to pair with the QB during his senior year to hopefully move that prestige bar up a notch.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #27
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

I just don't get excited for it either. It doesn't matter what type of QB I recruit, they all play the same. Some RBs are different but I can get the same results weather it's a speed or power back. WRs, OL, DE, LB, S, CB don't matter hardly so it's makes recruiting not even that much fun.

Make the players play to their tendencies then it could get fun.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #28
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
I just don't get excited for it either. It doesn't matter what type of QB I recruit, they all play the same. Some RBs are different but I can get the same results weather it's a speed or power back. WRs, OL, DE, LB, S, CB don't matter hardly so it's makes recruiting not even that much fun.

Make the players play to their tendencies then it could get fun.
This is the main issue. If you want to make recruiting fun (offline) you're forced to pretend it matters. Some people have the patience/desire to do so, others don't.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

In Madden 12 they have profiles that describe the players scheme. for example 3-4 OLB. Hopefully NCAA does
Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #30
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I admit, they certainly could make it more interesting and meaningful. Making player size really matter would help, putting player traits and tendencies like Madden is would be awesome. A little more randomness... Adding "gems" (and busts at the top) to low low star recruits would help a ton

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Building up bad teams is always fun...in last years game I built up San Diego St and even made it to a BCS game, but I lost, then I took over for Miami Fl, rebuilt them and after 4 seasons I won the championship, but I lost almost every starter...so the next season was mediocre and had to rebuild some depth.

Then I built UofL up to a power and thats where I stopped. I also create a few recruits based off people I know, I create "my kids", or the sons of stars from my school's past, try to get them and then I have some names I know that I am playing with and have some fake attachment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #32
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Would be nice if they changed the positions up a little bit. Having a strong-side linebacker who automatically moves across to the strength of the opposing formation would be nice instead of always being on the right side =/

Player tendencies would also be huge as stated above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »