Home

No CPU QB Scramble, No Peace, must have for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on No CPU QB Scramble, No Peace, must have for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: No CPU QB Scramble, No Peace, must have for NCAA 12

They can't give you scrambling QB's in NCAA 12......if they did that how are they suppose to introduce the new feature in NCAA 13 or 14......

You see every year EA has to add something new to the game that was never done before

For example this year as you guys mentioned we get animals and dreads why because enough people complained about long hair not being in the game....so giving us dreadlocks is ground breaking for EA

IMO there was no need for graphical upgrades this year....they should have focused completely on gameplay. They use terms like improved zone coverage as if that is ground breaking hell you can slap a 90+ zone cover rating on every defender in the game and improve the zone coverage on the field

So personally i'm not buying into their new improved zone coverage gameplay logic they are hyping up

if they want to impress me install a damn QB scramble slider or QB scramble attribute if they did that i could less about the team entrances or marching bans because when push comes to shove none of that EYE CANDY SHIIIIT does a damn thing for actual gameplay

and just in case someone from EA reads this thread.....this is just as bad as my beloved NBA Live 10 not having fastbreaks in the game

So in the two games that I love the most NBA Live Basketball and NCAA Football EA's developers don't include aspects that are a major part of both sports.....a basketball game without fastbreaks and a football game without scrambling QB's

How in the hell do you create these games and Steve Nash doesn't look to run the break and Michael Vick doesn't look to take off......only in EA's sports World can that happen

And I know it can be fixed because if you put any QB in the option offense in this game they will run i have tons of videos from QB's with 70 speed to QB's with 90 speed they all run so i'm inclined to think that the playbook logic is also messing up the logic of the QB's....The QB's should react the same way regardless if they are in Option playbook or Pro Style Playbook if their is a running lane or they sense pressure they should take off

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-16-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

It won't happen. I just started a thread on this without seeing this one (sorry OP).

EA has a tough time generating a realistic running QB in this franchise. Denard Robinson does not exist. A QB that can dominant on the ground just won't happen this year, fellas. It may not happen at all until we hit the next generation of consoles.

It sadly is what it is. Either they can't figure it out or they just don't care to. In this year's game, you'll see the nation's leading QB rusher with 500-700 yards on 3.5-4.0 yards per carry.

Sad, but a realistic truth. We should still ask for it because it's valid, but from what I've seen in the past and read from EA, this type of thing is not going to happen.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

In one of the interviews, I though I heard one of the EA guys respond to a question which asked whether CPU QB's will actually scramble this year...the answer was "yes"...so we will see if CPU QB's will actually take of this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

I think the defenses are too hyper aware of running QBs. The programmers are so concerned with online QB running cheesers that they nuked running QBs almost completely. Option and spread option QBs are useless. Even when controlled by human players, the plays simply do not work as well as they should. And the QBs will fatigue quicker, fumble more, and get hurt more often.

I remember last gen playing against VT and Marcus Vick being a beast and having to put a spy on him and playing for the QB run. Made the game fun and realistic. Hasn't been the same since.

If Denard Robinson, Taylor Martinez, and Robert Griffith can't/don't run in NCAA 12 I will be highly disappointed. I want to fear these guys when I play against them and have to game plan to stop them or limit their effectiveness. And don't get me started on Navy, GT, and Air Force.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The last game in my OD that I played, I saw Boise's QB (year 5, so not Moore) scramble on the first play. I sat there dumbfounded for about a second before I reacted and hit him. Had he not been protecting the ball, he would have ran for at least 30 yards (but, of course, he's holding on to the ball like it's his newborn baby and he's running from some harm, so my DT catches him from behind.)

The fact that I sat there in shock is a good amount of proof that you never see this. I might see a QB scramble about 3 times a season against me. I should see that number be around 250 a year on average, playing 13-14 games.

I'm tired of not having to even think about the QB scrambling when I play the CPU. I'll play a team with a QB that has 88+ in all 3 running/athleticism ratings, and he just stands there like he's Peyton Manning with cement in his shoes. It makes it to where the only way you ever feel like you lose to the CPU is because it's one of those games where nothing goes your way. I can see the computer go out in a 4 or 5 wide set on 3rd and 3 and just play a heavy pass defense with 3 guys bringing pressure since the CPU will never run, even when they can easily get the first. It's just a major detriment to the gameplay and takes a lot of the defensive game planning out of the game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
In one of the interviews, I though I heard one of the EA guys respond to a question which asked whether CPU QB's will actually scramble this year...the answer was "yes"...so we will see if CPU QB's will actually take of this year.
Ben said that, but the way he said it leaves me to believe it's a minor , flaccid increase, nowhere near what it should be. He said they would scramble more frequently, and that shouldn't be a problem. Shouldn't be hard make it more frequent than "never".

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Ben said that, but the way he said it leaves me to believe it's a minor , flaccid increase, nowhere near what it should be. He said they would scramble more frequently, and that shouldn't be a problem. Shouldn't be hard make it more frequent than "never".
Yeah, I was underwhelmed and unconvinced by the way he said it. I have tremendous doubt this has been addressed at all. Not saying Ben is not being truthful but, when he has something to say about a new feature or changes made he generally goes into great detail. When things haven't been touched, he rushes through his answers almost like a kid does when you ask if they've done their homework.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

He said the QB would scramble "in appropriate situations". That might not at all mean what we all HOPE it means. The "situation" could simply mean some down and distance where a designed QB run is called. In last gen you could get absolutely torched by a running QB who would take off during pass plays.

QB running needs a complete overhaul for both human and CPU. No constant fumbles, CPU needs to run more, and read options that work.

The weird part is I know it's workable because I've run into a game or two in half a dozen seasons where the QB will suddenly scramble and run a lot in a game. Probably some freak with super high awareness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »