Home

Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel

I'd love to see a feature like this as a possibility in RTG, and think it would make a great option for future titles. I doubt we'll see it this year.

There are some troubling elements to it though. First, anyone who plays RTG would certainly want to excel enough to make the NFL Draft. Playing mediocre football won't win you a spot in the pro's but might land you as an assistant for your school, or another one.

Therefore, your success in RTG would actually stand in the way of becoming a coach. There is a scenario where coaching would be in your future: Career ending injury. But that too is troublesome. Why would EA create some random career ending injury event JUST so you could become a coach? Most players would get quite bummed over spending that much time building up a star RB, only to have him blow out his knee in October of his senior year.

Finally, if a RTG-CC link mode becomes available, it should come with some sort of graphical bar indicating where your RTG player would most accel in. If the bar leaned to coaching, then the game is telling you your playing days at the next level would be limited, if you make it at all.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #18
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I'm pretty sure they already said that when you finish your RTG you can either turn it into a dynasty or export to Madden.

Some of you all seem to be overcomplicating this a bit. Its not necessarily realistic to go from college all star to head coach, but this is a video game and it makes sense for the two season modes to be integrated together.

Its not some groundbreaking feature, its just something coming back from last gen.

Also, it takes about 5 minutes to simulate 1 season in dynasty so it doesn't seem feasible to simulate 5+ years.

No one's overcomplicating it, it's just talk. Everyone here knows that this year we are going to be HC right after RTG. We are just discussing elements that could make dynasty more realistic. Nothing wrong with that.

And sure you'll have to wait a little bit for it to sim but it would be worth the wait. No different than waiting for a download on XBL.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #19
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
No one's overcomplicating it, it's just talk. Everyone here knows that this year we are going to be HC right after RTG. We are just discussing elements that could make dynasty more realistic. Nothing wrong with that.

And sure you'll have to wait a little bit for it to sim but it would be worth the wait. No different than waiting for a download on XBL.
The thing I am saying is that in this game after you finish RTG you will be able to either export your player to madden or continue in a dynasty. It doesn't really need to be "realistic" with the timeframe that just seems to be making it over-complicated to me. As far as simulating 5+ years, nobody wants to sit there for 30+ minutes while the game simulates thats just unnecessary.

Now it would be nice to have an in depth coach mode, but I doubt its anything more than going from RTG to dynasty as a head coach.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #20
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
The thing I am saying is that in this game after you finish RTG you will be able to either export your player to madden or continue in a dynasty. It doesn't really need to be "realistic" with the timeframe that just seems to be making it over-complicated to me. As far as simulating 5+ years, nobody wants to sit there for 30+ minutes while the game simulates thats just unnecessary.

Now it would be nice to have an in depth coach mode, but I doubt its anything more than going from RTG to dynasty as a head coach.

Yeh I agree with you. I'm just talking how it can be expanded possibly in the future, although it would probably be next-gen.

As far as waiting 30 minutes, come on you can't go do something else or watch TV for those 30 minutes? However if this was for next gen that time could be cut in half for waiting.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Yeh I agree with you. I'm just talking how it can be expanded possibly in the future, although it would probably be next-gen.

As far as waiting 30 minutes, come on you can't go do something else or watch TV for those 30 minutes? However if this was for next gen that time could be cut in half for waiting.
I can wait. It might not be as long as it was in last gen. The longest part of the offseason is recruiting and cut day
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »