Home

Is it cheese??? DB at WR or WR at TE

This is a discussion on Is it cheese??? DB at WR or WR at TE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is it cheese?
DB playing WR 1 0.75%
WR playing TE 6 4.48%
CB playing QB 11 8.21%
FS playing DE 6 4.48%
All are cheese 48 35.82%
Some are cheese 43 32.09%
None are cheese 19 14.18%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #25
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Is it cheese??? DB at WR or WR at TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
Here are his exact words:

"Note that I am not telling you this stuff to get you in riot gear. I am trying to explain that the 'that's cheese' cries of early days of online play no longer have a place in today's games. Games have been made no where there is no "money play." Plays can be stopped if defense adjust, offense adjust. This isn't NFL 2K1. I mean, saying "no 4th down attempts" would work for (someone who loses all the time) - he would never serve on Les Miles staff. The guy I use, the CB, caught 1 pass and is mainly used as a decoy and helps prevent all out blitzes vs the run. You don't have to like it, but it is another coach's "play set", not cheese. It is made to make opponent's feel uncomfortable. Creativity is rampant in the college football I enjoy and it's why so many teams went to weird formations such as the spread again- the old veer. You can hate it, just don't label it."

No money plays? Yea right
Decoy? Yea right
Creativity? Yea right

He is exploiting the video game.

I would never waste my time playing a game against him.

I enjoy rules within a dynasty to make it more competitive and as my sig suggest: Strategy over Skillz

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Fairdale, you forgot to mention something in the first post that you just mentioned. You never said he user caught with a guy with horrible hands. That's taking advantage of a guy who shouldn't be playing it. I was under the assumption he was a CB who could spotlight as a WR, not a CB who someone has to abuse a flaw in the game to get to catch the ball. Using him in that way is cheese. Just inserting a CB at WR isn't cheese, IMO.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 9

I think the fact that it's a video game makes it "cheese". In the real world, it's not a problem because every human/player/coach can use their own sense of judgement and up their awareness. They understand that "hey, this guy is fast and lined up in a favorable match-up for the offense" so they would send in more CBs or call plays to try and match up with the personnel on the field.

In a game, it's a total exploit. Within the dynasty rules, every player has their own house rules. For guys that play on the D-line, that would be a nightmare because the AI controlled players will still approach this guy as a TE. For guys like myself, who primarily play as a Safety, it wouldn't be as big of a headache. But having to play a certain way because somebody else is taking advantage of the dumber AI would definitely ruin a game experience.

If it was a situational thing (NFL: Randy Moss catching an interception in prevent defense) then thats strategy, and I would be able to accept that more.

But things such as the Wildcat, have been accepted because it's not as much of a headache to defend (Rush all the LBs, press all the DBs, because the WR/HB have low THP/THA ratings). But for your situation, the FS doesn't lose his "skill set" and is always going to run by the LBs, even if they cut with him they will still lose that foot race.

So I can say that it's more of an exploit than cheese, but playing somebody like that would really agitate me. If I win then I'll have more of a "coaching" victory. If I lose in a close game, I'll probably just think about those "clutch" plays that FS made. If I get blown out because of that FS...lets just say I wouldn't think highly of that person or that game.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

All of it is cheese. The only exception I would see is if WR at DB is limited to a certain amount of plays. No college player would ever truley play both ways all game and WR at TE should have a speed limit. No supre fast reciever would ever play TE
Old 05-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #29
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Here's my thoughts:

-It's not cheese
-The CB caught 1 pass
-Shouldn't your CB be able to cover a CB?
-He'll get tired fast and sub out/play bad
-You can always counter by playing your CBs as WRs

Feel free to disagree
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #30
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
If someone is scared their CB is going to get burned on a play, then don't play an aggressive defense. Spotlight a receiver, or do something to help out your corner. Or play zone.
Uh wut?

You serious?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #31
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Big time cheese... Only reason he is even doing it is because the speed and Acc and hope he gets matched up on a LB and outruns them for a catch. And sense he has him lined up at TE the formation will say it's a TE even though it's some skinny FS.

And if Blocking mattered more a DE would blow that FS up everytime, but it doesnt work like that on this game. Like I said it's all for the speed and hopes he outruns people because his catching is not all that great..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #32
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

My thoughts agree with most. CB @ WR is fine, I don't see any problem there. WR @ TE can be okay if used in special, need based situations and not as a permanent solution. The other two are plain bad. I played against a guy who used Florida and used their fastest player @ QB and used Ace Speed Option 75% of the time with Demps at HB. Commish didn't do anything about it because the guy I played against was butt buddies with the Commish. Quote from the commish, "My friend wouldn't do anything like that, he plays fair." It was the last regular season game and the winner of the game went on to the national championship as we were both undefeated. I quit online play after that, that scar is going to sit with me for awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »