Home

So no stadium builder/editor?

This is a discussion on So no stadium builder/editor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: So no stadium builder/editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA
Yeah, I am pretty sure it would be illegal to add on to actual real life stadiums. It would be cool to be able to build a new stadium and slowly build it up though with a small school. Or as much as I love Spartan Stadium, I could tear it down in 2030 after winning 10 NCs and build an NFL level dome.
Yeah, I can't get behind this dome concept either... But then again, I don't live in Michigan and have never been to Ford Field so perhaps "my love for dome" would be bostered by a trip to see the Lions up there.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA5L1CKDB23
Nope. Nice to see a fellow RCMB'er over here!
Make that 3.

I'm disappointed in this too. Obviously you couldn't update existing stadiums but I'd assume they'd just have it be a new generic stadium that you could then upgrade further. Looking at team builder, they would need to do a lot more to flesh out this feature. Right now they only have 2 generic stadiums and both only hold 50k. They need new styles and an ability to truly customize it.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

If implanted correctly, this feature alone might get me to buy NCAA 13, depending on how good NCAA 12 is. (And added features to Dynasty/Better engine)

This would be a great tool for people that want to take a poor team into a great team. This is how it should work, without the Copyright issue.

So lets say you are playing as Arkansas State, and you just moved into the SEC after 2-3 years of domination. You are filling the crowd up to a brim, and you really want to allow some more fans. During the Off season, one has the option to build a new stadium. You are given several templates to start off with (Around 15-20 different sized stadiums and 2-4 different domes) and then you can start designing. You can edit pretty much anything. The scoreboard, the shape of the stadium, the color of the inner sides and seats, etc. Then you pick a sponsor name for your stadium. After you make a new stadium, from then on, you have the ability to add on to your stadium, and edit what it looks like. You have a budget that is given to you, depending on several factors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA
Yeah, I am pretty sure it would be illegal to add on to actual real life stadiums. It would be cool to be able to build a new stadium and slowly build it up though with a small school. Or as much as I love Spartan Stadium, I could tear it down in 2030 after winning 10 NCs and build an NFL level dome.
Lol 10 NCs..... Good joke
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAAF/NCAAB: Michigan Wolveines
Old 05-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
A dome??? Football is played by men and is meant to be played outdoors on grass in all kinds of weather. Snow... rain... sleet... domes? Are you kidding me? Come on man!
Says the Big 12 fan.............lol
Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OrangeCrush22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
A dome??? Football is played by men and is meant to be played outdoors on grass in all kinds of weather. Snow... rain... sleet... domes? Are you kidding me? Come on man!
If Syracuse still played outdoors they would never get any recruits from California, Florida, Texas etc. Also no fans want to sit in freezing rain early season in Syracuse to watch two teams run the ball back and forth drenched in mud...

That is Syracuse's excuse atleast. If it were a team in Texas I would understand your arguement though.
NCAA FB: Syracuse Orange
NCAA BB: Syracuse Orange
NCAA LX: Syracuse Orange & LeMoyne Dolphins
Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #15
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush22
If Syracuse still played outdoors they would never get any recruits from California, Florida, Texas etc. Also no fans want to sit in freezing rain early season in Syracuse to watch two teams run the ball back and forth drenched in mud...

That is Syracuse's excuse atleast. If it were a team in Texas I would understand your arguement though.
Yeah, Because the weather is why Syracuse wouldn't get the recruits.

Seriously though, Ann Arbor and Columbus both have climate's comparable to that of syracuse. Doesn't stop the recruits, or the fans.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Yeah, Because the weather is why Syracuse wouldn't get the recruits.

Seriously though, Ann Arbor and Columbus both have climate's comparable to that of syracuse. Doesn't stop the recruits, or the fans.
Columbus and Ann Arbor aren;t even close to Syracuse's weather problems. Syracuse is much more similar to Minneapolis or Green Bay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »