Home

How do you get back into this game?

This is a discussion on How do you get back into this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How do you get back into this game?

Despite the lack of scrambling QBs, I must say have played NCAA 11 every week since release day last year. Which is amazing considering I got tired of NCAA 10 after 2 weeks.

Plus I like playing with Playmakers alumni rosters too. Kind of cool playing with people I watched on tv growing up. Replaying all those classic match ups from the 80s and 90s.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Once great info drops for newer games, it is harder to play the older game. I still play NBA 2k(not a big basketball fan) time-to-time. I am a person who gets tired of game quickly. I dont play online for any game. Only buy sports games because of once I beat a story mode for a game I know what happens and get tired. I dont really care about trophies, achievements, and 100% completion.
But I havent been able to play any games now since my PS3 keeps freezing and Overheating on every game for over a week? None of the games are scratched or damaged, My PS3 is 4 years old and is in great condition, but I dont play it alot at all. I dont plan to buying a new console. Any suggestions?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

What really makes me sad is, I was unemployed when NCAA 11 came out. But now I have a job. So I wont be able to play NCAA 12 non stop. :-(

Last year, I had a blast playing all day everyday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3

here is a makeshift coaching carousel system if you want to initiate some house rules

Quote:
Team Change Point System
Unfortunately it appears that in online dynasty you cannot get job offers. This posed the problem of either starting at a good school or creating a system of changing schools that was fair. We have come up with a point system based on a variety of factors such as season record, player game record, and bowl games. Here is the run down of how to get points, or lose them and the "prices" of moving up in school caliber. These rules will hopefully substitute well for having the computer give us offers. We tried to come up with a system that will force us to move up slowly while still rewarding those with good years. We're going to try and make sure everyone has 13 games every season and 4 user games. At the end of the seasons I'll be posting up the point totals for everyone so everybody doesn't have to do it themselves. All you would need to do is look at the team you want to you go and see what their caliber, record, and ranking is, then see if you have enough points to move there.
Points for regular season record will be
(Wins x 2) - (Losses x 2) Eg. a record of (10-3) = 14 points
5 points for winning your conference
5 points for going to a BCS bowl game
3 points for winning a bowl game (BCS or not)
1 point for beating a top 25 team
2 points for beating a user
-2 points for losing to a user
Here are the "prices" of moving to a new school. You "spend" the points you have accumulated and keep what is leftover. Based on star caliber, losses, and ranking.
3 *** = 20 points
4 **** = 40 points
5 ***** = 80 points
6 ****** = 120 points
Penalties for moving to schools with good records - We did this to make it harder to get to these schools as they would likely not be looking for a new coach if they have been having success.
Loss > 3 = No penalty
Loss = 3 = 10 points
Loss = 2 = 20 points
Loss = 1 = 40 points
Loss = 0 = 80 points
Nat'l Champs = 120 Points
Penalty for going to a school in the Top 25
Top 10 school = 10 points
Top 11-25 School = 5 points
Here's a couple of example of how much a school would "cost"
5 Star - (8-4) Season - #22 = 85 Points
4 Star - (11-1) Season - # 8 = 90 Points
6 Star - (9-3) Season - # 13 = 135 points
4 Star - (7-5) Season - NR = 40 points
6 Star - (13-0) NC Season - # 1 = 330 points
These numbers should give a pretty good idea of what we're trying to do. You can see that the teams with poor records that year (8-4) or (7-5) are much more affordable in their given caliber range. You can catch a 5 star school that is down that year and go to it for less cost than going to the 4 star school that is doing well. Also you should see how we are trying to discourage going to a powerhouse school before having to put some time in first. The national championship team should be nearly unachievable, I mean come on what team is going to win the Nat'l Championship and fire its coach?

We are also tossing around an idea for getting a bonus for staying at a team for consecutive years. At this point the bonus would be 1/2 of your wins on the second year at the school and all of your wins the 3rd year an on as added points. For example the second year if you have 10 wins, you get 5 points, the third year if you have 10 wins you get 10 points. This should help those people who stick it out get to better schools.
Here is an example of how many points a few people might get in a season.

Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
(10-3) (9-4) (6-7) (11-2)
(3-1)vs User (2-2)vs User (2-2)vs User (4-0)vs User
Win bowl Win bowl Win bowl Win BCS bowl
Beat 1 Top 25 Beat 2 Top 25
22 Points 13 Points 1 Point 41 Points

You can see the emphasis on having a winning schedule and winning vs human players. Doing well or poor in these two areas can greatly increase or decrease your point totals respectively. The little things like going to a BCS game and winning vs Top 25 teams add up too and together can affect the points quite a bit. This should be reletively realistic as coaches who perform better will be more likely to move up in school caliber.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been simming out 4 or 5 years of offline dynasty in order to start a offline dynasty with a "new" rebuilding team, instead of the usual suspects at that start. I start off with a good low division team, and just sim until I am either fired or 4/5 years pass and quit. Then I scan all the available 2 and 3 star jobs available until I find a good "big" school that has dropped in prestige. Just a few of the normally good teams that seem to always go in the crapper after 4 or 5 years...

Iowa, Wisconsin, OK State, Or State, Mizz,

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Once the college football season is over I have generally stopped playing NCAA football until the new game comes out. It's been this way ever since I got a PS3 for a variety of reasons. I think a break from the game can keep it fresh.

One of the things I did last year to keep it fresh for me was to change my offensive style. I normally run a two TE, pro-style set that depends on the ground game. But I switched it up and went with a spread-option offense that was a real nice change of pace and renewed my interest. Switching offensive and/or defensive schemes can be good.

The other thing you could try doing it changing the speed of the game. I played on Slow for most of my games. But my last season I switched to Normal and it was a refreshing change.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Just the pure love I have for College Football keeps me interested.....Plus me and my cousin usually play a bunch of offline dynasty's together and its always fun, but I too have a little trouble playing it after hearing all the new features that'll be on '12

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm playing a season with all the teams in Ncaa 11 starting in alphabetical order with the A's to the W's. right now I'm in the B's with Baylor right now. I'm not gonna finish before Ncaa 12 comes out, but I'm having fun with this setup. its making the days go faster for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »