Home

"Death penalty" style dynasty - advice needed how not to get fired

This is a discussion on "Death penalty" style dynasty - advice needed how not to get fired within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
"Death penalty" style dynasty - advice needed how not to get fired

I got some nice idea on how to waste away some more time with NCAA11 before I can move on to 12, I wanted to "crash" a whole program and then build it up from scratch. Just sim through 4 full years and don't recruit anyone until your whole program is made up out of nothing but walk-ons, then try to get back up.

Problem is, that I never manage to get far since obviously, the teams performance drops significantly around year 3-4, so even if they gave me a longer contract after year one on both tries they fired me after year 4, right when I wanted to begin "rebuilding" the program.

So I wanted some advice from you on how to avoid this? Would it be easier picking a 1-star program to begin with, might they be less prone to fire you? (my first two tries where with Boise and Washington) Or is there some other trick? I even had a great performance with Washington and year 1 and got resigned for 6 years but it didn't keep them from firing me after year 4 which really surprised me. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: "Death penalty" style dynasty - advice needed how not to get fired

can't you just create a new coach before you start your 1st season and give him the job once you get fired from it?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

I usually start with a 1/2* team and build them up. Believe me, there are some bad teams in this game, ie Eastern Washington, Bowling Green, etc. While they will not be all walk-ons, the team will still be pretty bad and you will have to build them up. I do not know if they will be less likely to fir you, but I would think they would be less likely.
You could always try a teambuilder team full of scrubs, and immediatly have to build them up.
Good Luck!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

before being fired, have another coach at another schooll, then create one for the fired coach
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Turn coaching contracts off, that'll work right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Just as others said, use another coach there and have him tank them to the ground.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just edit the roster before you start the dynasty and make everyone on the team a (RS) Senior sim one year, don't recruit. instant team full of 40 OVR walk-ons and you only simmed 1 year instead of 4. After you make the changes and start your dynasty just re-download your roster file so the team will be normal if you start another dynasty
Old 06-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Just as others said, use another coach there and have him tank them to the ground.
Okay I gotta admit I never knew you could do that, how do I go about it? Just use two user created teams? How can I make sure my second coach gets that job afterwards?

Nevermind... as crazy as it sounds I've been playing that game for the better part of a year and never noticed that "Coach Positions" option on the menu.

Last edited by TheDelta; 06-04-2011 at 10:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »