Home

protest for pc

This is a discussion on protest for pc within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: protest for pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
dude buy a damn xbox for 200 bucks and stop crying
Some people enjoy PC games more. You can adjust them far easier to your liking. NBA 2k11 has a bunch of mods to improve the game, and NCAA would have the same thing, which is why people want it for PC.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

PC gaming is dead. And has been. Console games outsell pc games big time. no reason to waste the devs time on it
Old 06-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #11
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
PC gaming is dead. And has been. Console games outsell pc games big time. no reason to waste the devs time on it
Console games outsell PC games but PC Gaming is far from dead. But football is a market largely limited to North America, and even more of a "niche" market on PC, so it's probably just not worth their while. Although in truth 360/PC games share enough similarities to where I doubt it'd be a huge development undertaking. Maybe they're afraid all the awesome mods for the PC version would outshine the console version and lord knows NCAA gamers don't need more ammunition "Did you see what those modders did on the PC version?!? Why can't we have that on the 360?!?" lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #12
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
With games like WoW, SC2, Half-Life, etc. I'd hardly say dying, shrinking definetly, but not dying. EA's Mass Effect and Dragon Age for example, are far better games when played on pc and are really dumbed down on console. It has alot to do with marketing and most game makers have decided to focus on consoles, mostly due to the level playing field that consoles offer. PC's are way more expensive, which limits the market, and have too many variations in hardware, further limiting the market and making it virtually impossible to offer the same gaming experience for every pc user, and sports games will show you how bad your pc is quicker than almost any other genre.

So, no, sports games have never really ported well to the PC. They don't, or can't, utilize the control schemes for pc, what runs smooth on a current pc will dog the crap out of yesterday's, and will suffer from a plague of people with bad/old computers showing up saying "this game sucks!" when really it's their pc that sucks. I have consoles for sports, driving, and anything else that shouldn't be played without a controller. I have a gaming PC for everything that should be played with more than 8 buttons.

I wouldn't want football on PC any more than I would want WoW on PS3.

Last edited by BoomerSooner420; 06-07-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: typos
Old 06-07-2011, 03:47 AM   #13
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Can of worms, Opened

The reason consoles sell more aren't because they're better, it's because they're cheaper, simpler, and more accessible. You don't have to worry about hardware specs with consoles, nor do you have to upgrade parts.

Really though, The fact is that PC gaming as a platform really is the best, and you can't really argue against it. Online is superior, controls are superior(hell, you can use a PS3 or an Xbox controller if you wanted), Graphics are superior. The main downside to PC gaming is that a lot of games never make it to the PC(on the flip side, Many games are PC exclusives).

I don't think it's fair to say PC gaming is dead when it isn't. I own all 3 consoles, and If a game were to be released on the consoles and the PC, hands down I go for the PC version first. I did that with DA1/2, FO3/NV, ME1/2 Oblivion, etc.

Basically, If NCAA 12 was released for the PC, I would definitely purchase it over any other version.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Just because you don't do it or like it doesn't mean it's dead.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #15
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Well, the latest BF has about as many active gamers online as either the PS3 and Xbox. Obviously some genres on PC aren't dead, and even sports is growing when developers give it a good shot (2K). In fact, for the most part, console gaming did little to influence PC gaming at all - consoles created a new market for gamers (casual, cheap, easier to access for younger audience) much more than they raided the PC gaming industry of customers.

As for NCAA, it obviously won't be on PC before Madden so it's a lost cause at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Ouch. Not really true. Steam alone has 25 million users as of last year. I prefer PC games to console for most every genre of game except sports games. For some reason, I like playing sports games on consoles a bit more. However, I understand the reasons people want sports games like NCAA on PC. Mods, better graphics etc. are all valid reasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »