Home

Bowl tie-ins (for conference realignment)

This is a discussion on Bowl tie-ins (for conference realignment) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Bowl tie-ins (for conference realignment)

Hello... I don't know if this has been confirmed, or just speculated on, but we will only be able to modify the BCS Bowl tie-ins in NCAA12, correct? And we won't be able to modify any other matchups, from the Cotton Bowl to the Beef O'Brady Bowl?

From my limited research I am *assuming* that this is the case, but I'm curious if anyone can confirm that we, in fact, can not modify any other non-BCS bowls.

And if we can not, here is a list of the projected # of bowl bids by conference that you may want to keep in mind when coming up with your new conference schemes. This is based on the 2011-2012 bowl schedule from cbssports.com

Conference, [#, including automatic BCS bid]

Southeastern [8]
Atlantic Coast [8]
Big Ten [8]
Big 12 [7]
Pacific 10 [6]
Big East [6]
Conference USA [6]
Mountain West [5]
Western Athletic [4]
Mid American [3]
Sun Belt [2]
Attached Files
File Type: zip bowls.zip (4.9 KB, 12 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Bowl tie-ins (for conference realignment)

BCS only. Hopefully they fix that for next year's game.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

You have to be careful with your numbering because you left out a lot of split and contingency bids. Example, the Sun Belt actually has 2 + 3, and more often than not, they pick up some of those contingency bids. Same with the MAC. They sent 4 last year, using a contingency bid. Sun Belt sent 3. C-USA is really 5 + 2. The SEC is really 8/9 and the Big East is 6/7 as they share a Liberty Bowl bid... which won't happen in real life this year because no way they send 7 out of their 8 teams, but in the game, a larger Big East might use them.

But what I'm hoping is that, especially with my classic setups, is that there are NO contingency bids, the smaller conferences will open up at larges because there is no way a 10-team SEC uses 9 bids, a 7-8 team MVC (in C-USA) uses 5+2 bids, etc... And then when I have a junk conference of only a few non-1A teams, those FCS games do not count towards bowls. I'm willing to bet that is false, though, because they are counted as conference filler games. I wish we could remove a conference from automatic bowl bids. That would be a nice feature. May not be able to edit each, but it would be nice to just turn off a conference that shouldn't have any bowl bids.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
BCS only. Hopefully they fix that for next year's game.
Not doubting you but link please?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Not doubting you but link please?
It's been shown many many times. We can only edit BCS bowls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It's been shown many many times. We can only edit BCS bowls.
I've only seen screenshots of editing BCS tie-ins so I'm inclined to agree that the others are not editable. However, I've never seen anything from EA or any reviewers explicitly saying that. Yet, several people keep claiming that it's been confirmed...I'd just like to know where they are getting that information.

In fact, this article seems to imply that other bowls ARE editable (end of the paragraph just above the second picture). Granted, it's a few weeks old but that's why I'm wondering where it has been confirmed that ONLY BCS bowls can be edited.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169273p1.html
Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've only seen screenshots of editing BCS tie-ins so I'm inclined to agree that the others are not editable. However, I've never seen anything from EA or any reviewers explicitly saying that. Yet, several people keep claiming that it's been confirmed...I'd just like to know where they are getting that information.

In fact, this article seems to imply that other bowls ARE editable (end of the paragraph just above the second picture). Granted, it's a few weeks old but that's why I'm wondering where it has been confirmed that ONLY BCS bowls can be edited.
Wow. That is interesting. I really hope this is legit and you can actually do that.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:

All they said is switch who goes to which bowl. They happened to leave out the "BCS" bowl which is completely true. The video that talked about the dynasty changes only mentioned BCS bowl changes; there is no reason to not mention changing all bowls unless you couldn't in the first place. It would be nice if we could change all bowl line-ups, but not this year. Most users would probably create a mess out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »