Home

Does anyone else take inventory of their roster?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else take inventory of their roster? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does anyone else take inventory of their roster?

What I mean is before you start your dynasty, do u go through the roster and write down where each player is from? I do this so I can track what players came from what state and whether or not I need to add another player from a certain state to keep it a pipeline. Anyone else do this?

Of course it would be irrelevant if you were allowed to look at the player's home state once you're already in dynasty mode, but you can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Does anyone else take inventory of their roster?

I don't, but what i do is edit my team to have their true hometown. Players' hometown is completely randomized, but the state is usually correct.

I also like to see where im getting most of my recruits from.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
I think in NCAA 12 it tracks not only your pipelines but it also shows you pipelines in danger of being lost and potential new pipelines.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I do. I usually mark what caliber(star rating) he was, ovr. rating, height/weight, whether he is a juco or not, what his position rank was. stuff like that.

I also mark down when a recruits graduates or leaves early with what the ovr was at the end of their career, their career stats, their final position(if they were ever moved), etc..

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah i dont keep where they were from but i keep my own depth charts in excel, i also go as far go through the change postions and see what each player is rated at a different position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I dont pay all tha much attention to the players already on the roster at the start, but I definately keep an eye on my recruits. By in large, many of the underclassmen that I start a dytasty with get replace anyway by better recruits down the line, and dont see the field much.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Wow I hate you guys now lol. Before reading this thread, I never kept track of this stuff other than just saving a copy of my dynasty after each season. Because I read this thread, I'm gonna start keeping track of this for my NCAA 12 dynasty. This is gonna be time consuming lol, but it'll be fun to look back on. I have 24 categories I'm gonna keep track of.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Wow I hate you guys now lol. Before reading this thread, I never kept track of this stuff other than just saving a copy of my dynasty after each season. Because I read this thread, I'm gonna start keeping track of this for my NCAA 12 dynasty. This is gonna be time consuming lol, but it'll be fun to look back on. I have 24 categories I'm gonna keep track of.
yeah its time consuming, but i think ever since i started keeping track of players, it help me become more successful in my dynasties. Especially the ones where i start out at a terrible school. Where you get a new recruit who is better but you have holes you need to fill, its nice to have that info available

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »