Home

Has season showdown been removed?

This is a discussion on Has season showdown been removed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Has season showdown been removed?

the problem though dan is that if I'm a video game developer I need a better reason than "it's just annoying" to remove something from my game
Old 06-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #10
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
the problem though dan is that if I'm a video game developer I need a better reason than "it's just annoying" to remove something from my game
But it's hit or miss. You try a new feature see what the fans feedback is and build on it or get rid of it and try something else. From what I can tell, most people don't care about this feature, so yeah, I'd say get rid of it and try something else. I think thats the point.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

A useless and annoying feature that contributes nothing, that almost no one cares for, isn't reason enough? That's more than enough reason in my book. Basically, if the consensus is that's it's annoying, yes, that's more than enough reason to a) remove it or b) change it so it's not annoying. Caring what your customers think, is an important part of running a business.

But considering what season showdown is though, I'm not really going to fault them for not thinking twice about it(as bad as it is), because it's that pointless of a feature, and any time longer than 10 minutes spent on it, is a waste of time. And the whole thing can be avoided by not picking a favorite team.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
A useless and annoying feature that contributes nothing, that almost no one cares for, isn't reason enough? That's more than enough reason in my book. Basically, if the consensus is that's it's annoying, yes, that's more than enough reason to a) remove it or b) change it so it's not annoying. Caring what your customers think, is an important part of running a business.
it sure isn't enough considering they sell SS and make money off it. they'd probably consider removing it if they thought for one second that someone won't buy the game because of it
Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
that's exactly a reason for removing something from a game
Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_Fan_79
that's exactly a reason for removing something from a game
not when that thing makes you money it isn't
Old 06-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Okay, how about this? The community, about 99.9% of the community, hate the feature. Good enough for you? EA claims to listen to the community, and it would appear they do between NCAA 11 and 12, they have added a lot of what we want, but suffice to say that 99.9% of us hate this stupid SS and want it gone. Not as an option, but G-O-N-E!

I've played games where I am up 27-7, facing 3rd and 2 from my own 12 yard line, throw a 3 yard pass for the first down and get that stupid -100 running up the score crap, or whatever it says. A 3 yard pass deep in my end of the field? Really?

So... to conclude... the thing is senseless, it annoys 99.9% of the people who buy the game and doesn't have any redeeming quality to it at all.

Is that enough of a reason?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #16
MVP

those are ridiculous claims Dr. Death this board is just too funny sometimes.

We've been told several times that removing something is actually a more daunting task than adding so with that you guys would really like them to spend a single ounce of energy removing SS when they could use that time to update/add more important things?

I just don't get it you guys are giving this very insignificant part of the game way too much power over your gaming experience

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »