Home

Which was your favorite year of NCAA football

This is a discussion on Which was your favorite year of NCAA football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What was your favorite year of ncaa?
2000 2 1.16%
2001 1 0.58%
2002 2 1.16%
2003 4 2.31%
2004 15 8.67%
2005 8 4.62%
2006 55 31.79%
2007 7 4.05%
2008 2 1.16%
2009 7 4.05%
2010 4 2.31%
2011 58 33.53%
Don't really have one 8 4.62%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #41
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Which was your favorite year of NCAA football

Although I'll always be partial to the newest version, I played the absolute crap out of NCAA 08 last gen. It was the last version released for the original Xbox and I played it for two years right up until Teambuilder was announced for NCAA 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #42
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I will say 2006.

I would have said 11 except for one problem: patches. I got 11 playing great, but about 20 hours into tweaking the sliders I got the game to perfection. The game was amazing. Then they released the first patch and it totally ruined my sliders, I had to start all over. After about another 15 hours of adjusting the sliders I had it really good again. Then they released patch #2 and my sliders were once again worthless. All in all, I spent my first 50 hours of gametime adjusting sliders over and over again in NCAA 11 due to patches.

Needless to say, I just wish they would release the game already as a friggin finished product, instead of releasing it with the attitude of "we can patch it later".
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #43
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

2000 was the first one I ever played. Had a cheat code where tackling the ref awarded you a point. Had so much fun as a kid doing that.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 06-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I will say 2006.

I would have said 11 except for one problem: patches. I got 11 playing great, but about 20 hours into tweaking the sliders I got the game to perfection. The game was amazing. Then they released the first patch and it totally ruined my sliders, I had to start all over. After about another 15 hours of adjusting the sliders I had it really good again. Then they released patch #2 and my sliders were once again worthless. All in all, I spent my first 50 hours of gametime adjusting sliders over and over again in NCAA 11 due to patches.

Needless to say, I just wish they would release the game already as a friggin finished product, instead of releasing it with the attitude of "we can patch it later".
Game plays fine for me out of the box with patches. It seems you want a custom experience and that's the exact reason the sliders are there. How is it EAs fault you love to tinker with sliders for hours on end?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #45
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

NCAA Football 2006 was and still is the best football game ever made in my opinion. If it wasn't for the fact that I no longer have a PS2 I'd still be playing it. 2011 was pretty good but I can't help but feel disappointed when a game from 2005 is better than a game released in 2010. The next gen sports games haven't lived up to their expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #46
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Next Gen: NCAA11
PS2: NCAA 05: It was my first one in college and me and some college buddies played the hell out of it.

NCAA 02 I thought was a good one. It was the only reason I wanted a PS2. I saw the game on display in a Babbages. I just had to have it. The graphics looked awesome to me at the time. haha. I had a lot of fun with that game.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #47
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I've spent the past few days playing 10, as I mentioned earlier. I'm encouraging you to do the same. I'm amazed at how much more I'm enjoying the gameplay. I realize some of you might have issues with no locomotion and thus "canned" animations at times. But all in all, I think you get a better gameplay. For instance, the zone coverage; it works quite well. We can't say that for 11. Another thing that stands out to me is play out of the shotgun. I can run the ball!! That is an incredible thing. I have not always been successful, but the o-line interaction out of shotgun run plays is much better than in 11. The CPU can run out of it too. How is it that we go from something that works in 10 to not working in 11?? Seems odd. But just go try it. I think you'll be surprised at what you see.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #48
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6

05 was my favorite year. Larry Fitz on the cover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »