Home

Well one thing is for certain

This is a discussion on Well one thing is for certain within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Angry Well one thing is for certain

After getting NCAA 11 back today after not playing for 7 months, I will say this. If NCAA 12 still has the cpu comeback cheats, the suction running, and the 50 million fumbles that occur in the 1st quarter to place a USER in a no win situation when competing online, I WON'T be purchasing. NCAA 11 just has far too much gimmicky garbage to it that annoys the crap out of me and it all resurfaced after playing it again today.

I wanted to get back in the grind again, in preparation for NCAA 12, but EA's product makes it all too hard to enjoy the game. Having only one Company making a Sports game who DOESN'T CARE is just sickening to heart.

How is this gameplanning? A USER turns his "tackle" to aggressive so the entire game he's attempting fumbles. The game is ALREADY silly and gimmicky, and the cpu A.I. predetermines who's gonna win, so if you are the team that is on the bad end, any and every silly thing you can think of in this game is going to happen.

1) Fumbling on your first 3 possessions, even if you try to counter his gameplan by turning your run to conservative. You'll still fumble often because the cpu A.I. has you pegged as the predetermined loser of the game.

2.) Running to the line over and over to counter players glitching and cheesing defenders for nanos. And when you DO manage to beat a nano, your QB can't throw the ball accurately, or WR's run away from the pass so defenders can super glide for swats and ints.

3.) Dealing with horrible suction tackling and suction blocking while you're ALREADY placed at a disadvantage by the cpu.

4.) Watching USERS run QB's 15 yards backwards only to loft balls all over the field completed.

So many things about NCAA 11 that is absolutely ridiculous, it's hard to imaging EA using the same gaming engine, and blatantly lying about them being fixed. They may have added a bunch of cute features, but who cares about an entrance when once the game starts, you'll be ready to trade it in within 30 days?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Well one thing is for certain

It has been said time and time again that suction has been fixed.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32
NCAA 11 is great with a good set of sliders and crap without them. It sounds like you didn't do any research or put time into doing the things that are required to turn NCAA from meh to outstanding.

I have absolutely never seen this comeback AI you are complaining about.

Anyway, 12 is almost here!

Online play will be always be garbage, but don't blame the developers, blame the idiots on the other end.

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-18-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Online play will be always be garbage, but don't blame the developers, blame the idiots on the other end.
I blame both. That could definitely be minimized with a little effort. If they gave us a hardcore mode which would force us to sit in the pocket and make reads, I would be addicted to online quick matches.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet
After getting NCAA 11 back today after not playing for 7 months, I will say this. If NCAA 12 still has the cpu comeback cheats, the suction running, and the 50 million fumbles that occur in the 1st quarter to place a USER in a no win situation when competing online, I WON'T be purchasing. NCAA 11 just has far too much gimmicky garbage to it that annoys the crap out of me and it all resurfaced after playing it again today.

I wanted to get back in the grind again, in preparation for NCAA 12, but EA's product makes it all too hard to enjoy the game. Having only one Company making a Sports game who DOESN'T CARE is just sickening to heart.

How is this gameplanning? A USER turns his "tackle" to aggressive so the entire game he's attempting fumbles. The game is ALREADY silly and gimmicky, and the cpu A.I. predetermines who's gonna win, so if you are the team that is on the bad end, any and every silly thing you can think of in this game is going to happen.

1) Fumbling on your first 3 possessions, even if you try to counter his gameplan by turning your run to conservative. You'll still fumble often because the cpu A.I. has you pegged as the predetermined loser of the game.

2.) Running to the line over and over to counter players glitching and cheesing defenders for nanos. And when you DO manage to beat a nano, your QB can't throw the ball accurately, or WR's run away from the pass so defenders can super glide for swats and ints.

3.) Dealing with horrible suction tackling and suction blocking while you're ALREADY placed at a disadvantage by the cpu.

4.) Watching USERS run QB's 15 yards backwards only to loft balls all over the field completed.

So many things about NCAA 11 that is absolutely ridiculous, it's hard to imaging EA using the same gaming engine, and blatantly lying about them being fixed. They may have added a bunch of cute features, but who cares about an entrance when once the game starts, you'll be ready to trade it in within 30 days?
Playing online is boring as people just cheat and cheese. Offline dynasties are the way to go for fun and realistic football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet

So you fumble your first 3 possessions every time. Interesting.

This is why I don't play online, but I can see why this bothers you.

Really? Where have you been? Next time don't speak on something like you know what you are talking about before you do your research. Suction is gone. Proven in the videos.

Again, Online issues. Not gonna change, every game has online exploits.

Show me where they lied.

I will let this thread stay open for now, but its on a very short leash.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #7
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I'd like to see you provide evidence for the "blatantly lying." Unless you have facts to back that statement up with, it's just you being bitter as the rest of your post indicates.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3

I have absolutely never seen this comeback AI you are complaining about.
Agreed. I think people who complain about this don't know how to finish out games with the lead.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »