Home

Please explain this to me

This is a discussion on Please explain this to me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Please explain this to me

Ok, so I'm in my 2nd year with Wake Forest (1st year went 7-6, lost in Sun Bowl to Oregon State but I was in almost every game and could've easily went 10-3, 9-4). Now in my 2nd year, I only lost 8 players from last years team, and everybody on my defense, but I cannot stop ANYBODY. Every quarterback is Peyton Manning and every runningback is Adrian Peterson. But that's not it. My offense has somehow digressed too. I returned all but 1 of my starters from last year, all my o-lineman, but I can't run the ball AT ALL. The lowest rated o-lineman i have is 82 ovr and nobody else is below an 85, yet I have no time to throw and I can't run the ball worth sh*t.

I should mention that I'm playing on Heisman with adjusted sliders (Human almost everything at 45 and CPU almost everything at 55), but I've pretty much played every game of NCAA '11 with these and have had plenty of success.

I guess the question I'm asking, is if any of you guys have noticed that is gets RIDICULOUSLY harder in your 2nd year in a dynasty. This is absurd. I'm contemplating quitting this one altogether. I just got trounced by f*ckin NC State 52-14. I'm 2-5 and have lost 5 straight games (all conference games).

Sorry for the rant, I've just never been more pissed off at a video game. Can't wait til '12 comes out so I don't have to play this piece of sh*t anymore.

Last edited by plak89; 06-18-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Please explain this to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Ok, so I'm in my 2nd year with Wake Forest (1st year went 7-6, lost in Sun Bowl to Oregon State but I was in almost every game and could've easily went 10-3, 9-4). Now in my 2nd year, I only lost 8 players from last years team, and everybody on my defense, but I cannot stop ANYBODY. Every quarterback is Peyton Manning and every runningback is Adrian Peterson. But that's not it. My offense has somehow digressed too. I returned all but 1 of my starters from last year, all my o-lineman, but I can't run the ball AT ALL. The lowest rated o-lineman i have is 82 ovr and nobody else is below an 85, yet I have no time to throw and I can't run the ball worth sh*t.

I should mention that I'm playing on Heisman with adjusted sliders (Human almost everything at 45 and CPU almost everything at 55), but I've pretty much played every game of NCAA '11 with these and have had plenty of success.

I guess the question I'm asking, is if any of you guys have noticed that is gets RIDICULOUSLY harder in your 2nd year in a dynasty. This is absurd. I'm contemplating quitting this one altogether. I just got trounced by f*ckin NC State 52-14. I'm 2-5 and have lost 5 straight games (all conference games).

Sorry for the rant, I've just never been more pissed off at a video game. Can't wait til '12 comes out so I don't have to play this piece of sh*t anymore.
This is a weird one. Because I notice that starting new years in Dynasty seems relatively easier in the early weeks, and as the season progresses, every team seems to start playing like the Ravens and Patriots. I ran a season with Wake Forest and went 11-1 my first year, but as the year went on games were progressively harder. Regardless of recruiting or losing players, the following year it basically felt like before. Easier early on, then harder as the season progressed.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89

Strange, because everything seemed to get easier after year 1 for me. I'd rather have it be harder so I'm challenged rather than stomping through my schedule in the later years of my dynasty because the recruiting AI is just bad. 8 QBs on one team? Bleh.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

Maybe although you didn't lose anyone their talent incoming and under classmen have progressed more than your team.

I haven't experienced this when I had '11.. Every dynasty is different. Teams have their off year. I only won 4 games in my 5th year. Then had a 8 win season, then 10, then 7, then won the NC.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Yah, idk. I think that I may just be having an off day, but this has been rough. I mean I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but it seems like it's gonna take forever to rebuild this team. Especially if I'm only winning 6-7 games a year.

Oh yah, recruiting with Wake is a bitch. C+ in pretty much every category and all the other NC schools are kicking my *** pretty bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

It doesn't matter how many starters return since there is no chemistry rating...

Don't quit, but in the world of sports....There's always next year! Try getting some younger players some PT, sounds like you already gave up on the season anyway.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet
This is a weird one. Because I notice that starting new years in Dynasty seems relatively easier in the early weeks, and as the season progresses, every team seems to start playing like the Ravens and Patriots. I ran a season with Wake Forest and went 11-1 my first year, but as the year went on games were progressively harder. Regardless of recruiting or losing players, the following year it basically felt like before. Easier early on, then harder as the season progressed.
This. I remember in my online dynasty as Arizona, I'd always play 2-3 top 15 or so CPU teams to start the season and win each one by 30-40 points, and the teams would still finish in the top 25. However, around game 6 or so Id start struggling and pulling out close victories against teams like Oregon State, UCLA, or Washington State, teams that hadn't had winning records in 3+ seasons.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Just curious, what difficulty are u guys playing on and what sliders are u using?

But on topic, i'm starting to think that it was mostly just me playing poorly. Although, it seems like I need to play every game damn near perfect to win in the ACC. Did not realize how tough this conference was on the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »