Home

Online quitters

This is a discussion on Online quitters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Online quitters

Usually this is one of the biggest complaints the first couple of weeks, everyone jumps online, and you go up a couple scores and your opponent quits before halftime and you don't get the win. I wonder if they have something in place to work this year. Disc pulling usually hurts the game early on every year until they find a patch.

If you're up 14-0 in the 1st quarter, you should be rewarded for wasting your time. Doesn't have to count for your ranking, but you did put in some time to get the lead, and it's not your fault your opponent is a quitter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Online quitters

Honestly even if you get a W and your ranking goes up... it doesn't do you justice.

Thats a waste of time and enjoyment of a full game that you lost...

The only way to fix this is for there to be a ban or something serious if your DNF raises above something...

But even that wouldn't work, as there are situations that arise such as power outage, internet outage, storms, etc.

I didn't play online when I had a fast enough internet for it just because living here in the south with the temperature being 100 everyday storms pop up constantly, so I HAVE to turn it off sometimes...

I'm thinking of upgrading my internet again, but the storm season already looks busy.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet
Usually this is one of the biggest complaints the first couple of weeks, everyone jumps online, and you go up a couple scores and your opponent quits before halftime...
I can top that... last night I played an on-line ranked game and I was Texas Tech... the guy chooses Alabama... A+ A+ A+ across the board. He wins the toss and takes the ball. Three plays later it's 4th and 10 so he lines up to punt... from his 20... and fakes the punt and throws an 11 yard completion.

So... knowing what kind of jerk I am up against I pull out the dogs and blitz his *** and put him in a 4th and 25 and then... he quits.

He has to be the defending National Champions in the game and quits because he can't gain a single yard unless faking a punt.

People are ridiculous.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Reading threads like this makes me wonder if I will ever play on online game against people in NCAA. I tend to stick to my Dynasties and now Online Dynasties.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

They need to bring back the option to continue against the CPU if your opponent quits. Then if you build a big enough lead you can just sim the rest of the game and get the W. I know some people abuse that so they can get their name at the top of the leaderboard but I don't care about that. All I want to do is get credit for a W after an opponent quits like they did in the original post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Rookie

bunk9191's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Reading threads like this makes me wonder if I will ever play on online game against people in NCAA. I tend to stick to my Dynasties and now Online Dynasties.
yeah when i tried playing online...i would say 1 out of every 10 opponents would be someone who played the game in a serious way. When I say that I mean people that:

1. dont just choose Alabama, Florida, tOSU (it gets boring to always play against the same few teams)
2. dont exploit the cheeser methods in the game just to score points, i like playing against people who vary their playcalling and actually make me have to think on defense rather than running the same crap over and over
3. dont quit the second you go up by 2 scores

i really want to enjoy online play because i love it in fifa but just not enough people that play the way i enjoy playing.

i usually just end up playing with friends.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I've basically given up on online play. If I play the game often enough, I might try an OD with some of you guys on here. I'm not the best at NBA 2K11, but it seems every game I play the Heat and they try their best to just dunk it instead of playing some real basketball. I keep it close for awhile and then they pull out the full court passes and whatever else they want. Or they'll quit if they are losing or it's close after 3 quarters. Major waste of time. Haven't done enough NCAA online to know how bad it could be, but I believe the cheesing.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't care if someone quits. I played a decent amount of ranked/unranked games on '11 and have no idea what my record was. Just doesn't matter. Plus there is some satisfaction in making someone give up.

If I wanna worry about records and all of that I just play OD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »