Home

Will conference prestige fluctuate based on team's prestige?

This is a discussion on Will conference prestige fluctuate based on team's prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Will conference prestige fluctuate based on team's prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltop1215
How about the opposite?

If you move a low team to a high conference, does that increase the team's prestige? And if you move a high team to a low conference does that decrease the team's prestige?
I was also thinkin if u give a conference a BCS bowl bid then conference prestige. Also if you give a team a conference championship game the prestige should go up.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltop1215
How about the opposite?

If you move a low team to a high conference, does that increase the team's prestige? And if you move a high team to a low conference does that decrease the team's prestige?
So putting North Texas in the SEC makes them better, while putting Oregon in the WAC automatically worsens them? Sorry, but that makes little sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I was also thinkin if u give a conference a BCS bowl bid then conference prestige. Also if you give a team a conference championship game the prestige should go up.
I can see the BCs Bowl game helping, but why should a championship game help?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
So putting North Texas in the SEC makes them better, while putting Oregon in the WAC automatically worsens them? Sorry, but that makes little sense.

I agree with everything you said.... and a team's prestige shouldn't be affected by the conference.. hell look at vandy they are a 2 star... so if you move them they drop to a 1.. no. Move FAU to SEC and they jump up.. no just because your in the SEC doesn't mean your automatically better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I agree with everything you said.... and a team's prestige shouldn't be affected by the conference.. hell look at vandy they are a 2 star... so if you move them they drop to a 1.. no. Move FAU to SEC and they jump up.. no just because your in the SEC doesn't mean your automatically better.
It is not an automatic instantaneous affect but FAU moving to the SEC might well indeed increase the quality of their recruits which will in turn after a couple seasons make for a better FAU team which then you could transplant back into its old division and likely find it performs better then before the short move to the SEC thus I would say conference prestige will indeed prove to have a direct effect on the quality of the individual teams within it.

Now with the ability to transfer teams between conferences during our dynasties you will be able to see that first hand in the game.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
It is not an automatic instantaneous affect but FAU moving to the SEC might well indeed increase the quality of their recruits which will in turn after a couple seasons make for a better FAU team which then you could transplant back into its old division and likely find it performs better then before the short move to the SEC thus I would say conference prestige will indeed prove to have a direct effect on the quality of the individual teams within it.

Now with the ability to transfer teams between conferences during our dynasties you will be able to see that first hand in the game.
Yes it will take a few YEARS, it isn't a instant process like many are talking. And you are stretching it here. So your saying Vandy should be a powerhouse because of the recruiting they SHOULD get from the SEC...

I'm sorry but it shouldn't affect the teams directly, just their one pitch, and one pitch alone shouldn't be enough to jump a few stars in team prestige. ONLY conference prestige should really be affected by team movements.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #14
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
Yes it will take a few YEARS, it isn't a instant process like many are talking. And you are stretching it here. So your saying Vandy should be a powerhouse because of the recruiting they SHOULD get from the SEC...

I'm sorry but it shouldn't affect the teams directly, just their one pitch, and one pitch alone shouldn't be enough to jump a few stars in team prestige. ONLY conference prestige should really be affected by team movements.
I realize it shouldn't and yes when YOU are recruiting conference prestige is just one pitch you have but when the computer is simulating the recruiting process it seems to me that conference membership does make a difference.

To prove that I would say take Vanderbilt and put them in a lesser conference and see how they fare in the first year. Despite their consistantly poor records in the SEC I bet they would fare quite well in a lesser conference. Do that a few years into your dynasty when it will reflect more on how much membership in the SEC affects Vandy's in game recruiting.

A regular two star program shouldnt stand out in any conference but I bet it would.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan

A conference title game is guaranteed national TV coverage usually in a time slot on its own, though with all of them we have this year they will probably start overlapping. The MAC goes Friday, C-USA starts early Saturday, and then everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #16
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

I was just thinking while reading this thread...it MAY be possible to "glitch" a playoff? It would only work if you could change how the bowls "bid" on teams at the end of the season...

Now that I had that though, completely forgot the original question I was going to ask. Maybe it will come back to me later..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »