Home

Predicting and scheduling future conference movement

This is a discussion on Predicting and scheduling future conference movement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0
Predicting and scheduling future conference movement

I realize this is a subject that's been talked about a lot and I looked through the other threads on this but I really didn't see an organized place where we can set down a few different scenarios for what's most likely to happen in the future regarding conference movement, so I thought I would start a thread for those of us who want to try to keep things as close to how we think they might actually go, not just a fantasy or wishful thinking type of thing.

Lets bat around what we all remember about the reality of last summer and use it to try to figure out how to adjust our dynasty. I can edit this original post at some point with 2 or 3 different scenarios for people to chose from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Predicting and scheduling future conference movement

WHEN: I would think everyone will give this new look a shot and we won't see any movement till 2016 or so. Any arguments?

WHAT: For starters, obviously everything revolves around the Big 12. They are the loosest affiliated group at this point. The Longhorn network and the way money is split up there is going to cause serious resentment which would lead Texas A&M to the SEC. To balance at 14, the SEC would either have to take another Big 12 school (the push last time around was for OU, which would have shifted Bama and Auburn to the SEC East) or poach an ACC or Big East school (most likely Virginia Tech) to go to 14.

The SEC didn't really WANT to expand, but the consensus seemed to be they would do so only to protect the brand and also would only do so in a way that "expands the footprint" (meaning going into new states/markets, meaning Georgia Tech and Florida State would be unlikely candidates.

This would leave Texas with a decision, go to the Pac-12 or try it as an Independent. Users could obviously go either way but if they went to the Pac-12 and took everyone but aTm with them that puts that conference at 15, meaning you'd have to add 1 more. Who would that be? If OU goes to the SEC, that would put both of those conferences at 14 and we're fine.

Also, it should be noted that under this scenario, Notre Dame might freak out and join the Big Ten in a move to protect their other sports. The thought process being that if major realignment happens, the Big East would be very vulnerable and Notre Dame would seek refuge in the Big Ten. Putting that conference at 13 teams. Who would be 14?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

There were talks last year of SEC taking a few schools, and the ones mentioned were FSU, Texas Tech, and there was one rumor of Clemson..

I'm sorry but you saying that FSU was unlikely contradicts what the consensus was last year...

Plus I literally just started this topic a few days ago.. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-formula.html

Last edited by JSHT21; 06-20-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

this is all we really need
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lignments.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »