Home

Did they fix polling Logic?

This is a discussion on Did they fix polling Logic? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Did they fix polling Logic?

I'm at week 9 in my final NCAA 11 Dynasty, playing as undefeated Nebraska. I started the season #1 with every #1 vote, and stayed there until week 5 when I dropped to #2. Then, 1 week later, I dropped to #3, and weeks after that #4. I've beaten 3 top 20 teams #12 Miami, #9 Missouri, and #8 OU (current rankings), and #19 Penn State.

Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State have all jumped me, and they've all only played 1 ranked team each and no more than 2 teams with a .500 record or better.

I just beat #5 OU, and played most of the second half without a QB. My starting QB (Taylor Martinez) was out for 2 weeks. My backup (Brion Carnes) was knocked out in the 3rd, and I didn't want to burn a redshirt for my only other QB (Hello 85 man rosters), so I ran wildcat and ZR to kill the clock and play defense to hang on to the win (24-7). I finished

What the hell.

This has been broken for years. When will they fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Did they fix polling Logic?

i personally have never experienced the crazy polls like that. I see no reason to fix them because well, the polls are flawed in real life too.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
I'm at week 9 in my final NCAA 11 Dynasty, playing as undefeated Nebraska. I started the season #1 with every #1 vote, and stayed there until week 5 when I dropped to #2. Then, 1 week later, I dropped to #3, and weeks after that #4. I've beaten 3 top 20 teams #12 Miami, #9 Missouri, and #8 OU (current rankings), and #19 Penn State.

Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State have all jumped me, and they've all only played 1 ranked team each and no more than 2 teams with a .500 record or better.

I just beat #5 OU, and played most of the second half without a QB. My starting QB (Taylor Martinez) was out for 2 weeks. My backup (Brion Carnes) was knocked out in the 3rd, and I didn't want to burn a redshirt for my only other QB (Hello 85 man rosters), so I ran wildcat and ZR to kill the clock and play defense to hang on to the win (24-7). I finished

What the hell.

This has been broken for years. When will they fix it?
It's pretty much by conference prestige. You need 2 of the teams ahead of you to lose or there isn't much you can do.

I spent about 9-10 years building up Army once, I got up to pre-season #10. Apart from Navy, Notre Dame and Air Force, I scheduled the 9 best teams I could find knowing that I had a ridiculous roster. 3 of the teams I beat finished in the top 10, but with 3 weeks to go, Hawaii went from 24 to 12 to 8 to 2 and passed me because being undefeated in the WAC is considered better than an undefeated Independent not named Notre Dame. Hawaii didn't play a single ranked team.

As for the argument that polls are 'flawed' in real life, it's a totally different flaw. This is a predictable formula that they won't change. If the real Nebraska were doing this, they wouldn't be dropping with that many good wins.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

This is something that has to be fixed.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
i personally have never experienced the crazy polls like that. I see no reason to fix them because well, the polls are flawed in real life too.
Just won another game. Beat Kansas 31-3. I dropped to #5. I'm now the lowest ranked undefeated team, and I have 10 wins (Bama has 8, and tOSU and Michigan have 9). I was just passed by Cal, who only has 1 win over a top 25 team, and only 7 wins.

This is beyond ********.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

I have seen this play out all too much.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, the polls in this game are flawed. Badly. Hopefully they fixed it with this year's.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
The polls are not even close to emulating what happens in real life. There are no "style points" or Strength of Schedule equated into the rankings. In my experience, if you're in the Pac 10 or the SEC and you finish undefeated, you go to the NC. If you are a school who has a rich history and go undefeated, you go to the NC. There isn't a formula to my knowledge because its been the same teams in the NC in my OD for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »