Home

Recruiting Logic/Tips

This is a discussion on Recruiting Logic/Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #33
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruiting Logic/Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I remember last year in an OD another user and I were #1 and #2 on some guy's list and had been fighting for him for a while. A third user was like #8 hadn't even been recruiting the guy at all and way behind. He invites the recruit to his rivalry game, it was some game that's not even a big rivalry IRL and against a team that was struggling. He wins the game and rockets up to #1 and eventually gets the recruit.

I know IRL schools can come out of nowhere, but the rivalry game boost was the reason for it here. It works well sometimes, other times it's just too powerful.
Never seen anything like that, Im not familiar enough with the internal programming that would allow such a drastic swing. Perhaps it takes into account how exciting the game was, how close and such. If it was a close game with the lead swinging back and forth then perhaps it gives a massive bonus and he basically just had the Perfect Storm of a recruit visit. Who knows but I have never seen anything that drastic before myself.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #34
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

I offer schollys when I am #1 on a recruits list......sometimes they commit when you do this. I try to hold off offering on the other recruits until I am either their #1 or I need the boost from offering to compete with a school they are getting close to commiting to. If you do this and only target 10 -15 at a time, you stand a good chance of having a top class. Playing with Bama and using this approach usually ends up with me having the top class. You have to be smart though and know when to give up on a recruit and find another to take his place.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I remember last year in an OD another user and I were #1 and #2 on some guy's list and had been fighting for him for a while. A third user was like #8 hadn't even been recruiting the guy at all and way behind. He invites the recruit to his rivalry game, it was some game that's not even a big rivalry IRL and against a team that was struggling. He wins the game and rockets up to #1 and eventually gets the recruit.

I know IRL schools can come out of nowhere, but the rivalry game boost was the reason for it here. It works well sometimes, other times it's just too powerful.
Though the circumstances may be different (I'm running an offline dynasty), I had a recruit go from soft-commit to my #1-ranked (polls, obviously) Auburn team, to a hard-commit to WVU the week after they hosted him and lost a rivalry game. That was a fun recruiting week.

I don't know if the rivalry boost is overdone in '11, but I do feel that the non-rivalry boost against a ranked opponent is underdone. In custom schedules I always -- whenever an SEC game isn't scheduled -- bring in a highly-ranked team for wk-4 opponent, hoping that I'll have a number of visit-ready recruits prior to that (I always play in wk-1, usually choosing a #15-25 opponent -often on the road- in an attempt to get an immediate boost to the season if I can win the game). Just played #9 Mich. in wk-4 this season and 'played' perhaps the best game I've ever user-ed, O and D, and destroyed them. 9 recruits visiting, all 9's grade for the visit? "A". Not complaining, but dominating a non-rivalry but T-10 team should translate into the same grade I'll get from a recruit who'll be coming in wk-9 to see me work hard to NOT run up the score on Louisiana State School for the Blind (they have gotten so bad in my dynasty, finished 0-8 in SEC last season...and that wasn't the 1st time).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #36
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

GGG, I agree with you, EA needs to bump up the visit boost for recruits visiting when you play and defeat a ranked team. As a Bama fan, I should get more of a boost from a recruit if I play a 10th ranked team vs an unranked Ole Miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »