Home

Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO

This is a discussion on Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #73
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Default Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
You do realize that under Kragthorpe's watch Louisville went from a Top15 offense for like 4 straight seasons to below 75, and near dead last in many offensive categories during his 3 year reign of terror, including his last 2 years as OC, at Louisville right? But he did coach Drew Bledsoe, as I'm sure his informed everyone already.

I'm not trying to start a flame war with LSU, because they're a great team, and they've won with defense despite their offensive struggles, so I have a lot of respect for them. However, I wouldn't expect to see anything other than a marginal improvement from the offense.

Kragthorpe's offense was only good once, when he was in Tulsa, and that was largely due to Todd Graham, the CUSA being bad, and the OC he brought with him to Louisville for year 1, that he scape-goated his failures onto.

I know Miles brought him into mentor the QBs, but I just don't see them improving that much. Every QB Louisville had under his tenure either regress (Brian Brohm, and Hunter Cantwell), or where the same when Kragthorpe left as when he brought the QB in (Adam Froman, Justin Burke, Will Stein), or they just left campus (Tyler Wolfe, Zach Stoudt, and Matt Simms).

Every one of our QBs saw a huge statistical improvement under Charlie Strong on a team that was said not to have any BCS talent and predicted to go 1-11 last year. Turned into a 6-6 team with a bowl win, much props to SEC style defense from coach Strong.

And just to clear things up, Kragthorpe was never with us when we won the Orange Bowl. He was with us as a head coach from '07 to '09. I know there was some confusion over that.

I know I'm being sour grapes, but what do you expect of us. Kragthorpe took us from being a Top15ish program to being a school with no recruiting, sub-75 ranked, no talent, and full of JUCOs and guys that couldn't make it to class. He basically destroyed our program and record time, and I wish nothing more than a meteor to smash him right in the goatee.

10char...
Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #74
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

As far as the ratings go, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction if in-season progression is in and both in-season and off-season progression work properly.

I have to say, using Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a lot of fun with the Cardinals. Also, fades to 6'8" Chichester in the endzone is going to be epicly good once again. Gonna get my troll face on at the goal line with that play call.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO

I bet Ronald Powell is better if you put him at a DE spot. I think his speed will be increased a little bit. 79 doesnt add up when all of the UF MLB's are all 84+ speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #76
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
As far as the ratings go, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction if in-season progression is in and both in-season and off-season progression work properly.

I have to say, using Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a lot of fun with the Cardinals. Also, fades to 6'8" Chichester in the endzone is going to be epicly good once again. Gonna get my troll face on at the goal line with that play call.
I think charlie strong is a great coach, I wouldnt mind seeing him here if we didnt have petrino...I like seeing UL have success since losing BP had to sting a little
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
He's good but last year he wasn't as good as the other 4
i would say pardon, but i know its going to turn into some ridiculous yard per carry argument as if lets now start calling mccalebb the best running back in the country. and then you bring up casey dick, how in the world is that relevant? and its alshon jeffery, there is no s on the end. as far as the weightlifting thing, are they better power runners than lattimore on the field, do they break more tackles?

some of the people across different boards saying omg lattimore is a 95 are acting like lattimore is part of some hype machine. at south carolina? seriously? the ovr isnt the problem, id lower the speed to around 89, but the ovr would stay the same.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #78
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
i would say pardon, but i know its going to turn into some ridiculous yard per carry argument as if lets now start calling mccalebb the best running back in the country. and then you bring up casey dick, how in the world is that relevant? and its alshon jeffery, there is no s on the end. as far as the weightlifting thing, are they better power runners than lattimore on the field, do they break more tackles?

some of the people across different boards saying omg lattimore is a 95 are acting like lattimore is part of some hype machine. at south carolina? seriously? the ovr isnt the problem, id lower the speed to around 89, but the ovr would stay the same.
I think the hype has more to do with him being a 5* recruit

and i think he meant to put darren mcfadden in there when talking about casey dick
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM   #79
MVP

i know he was referring to mcfadden, but my point was its irrelevant. the hype wouldnt be there if he didnt have 4 sec games with at least 198 yards total offense. or if he didnt outgain richardson and ingram by himself in the alabama game. i am certainly not using that as evidence that lattimore is better than ingram or richardson. what it is though is a hell of an accomplishment considering the strength of the bama defense and how great of a combo ingram and richardson are. its obvious what he's doing, going out of his way to downplay lattimore to big up his own guy as if its incredulous to look at marcus as a top 2 back in the nation.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
McCalebb is every bit as fast as James on the field. Period. He's got plenty of on field highlights to prove it. He's got plenty of commentators who talk about his speed every game.

Oh..and see my avatar.
Oh, by commentators do u mean the SEC homers Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson? Of course they'll rant and rave about McCalebb, he plays in the almighty SEC. They pretty much don't pay attention to football in other parts of the country as they only broadcast SEC games. Not saying he isn't good, because of course he is, but u can't base how good a player is just by what the commentators say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »