Home

QB Hit While Throwing...

This is a discussion on QB Hit While Throwing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: QB Hit While Throwing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSTA SoLIDUS
I don't get hit that often. Then again, I try hard to have my QB run 3-5-7 step drops, so that the ball is out of my hand before pressure gets there. Seems like if you just wait for someone to get open without moving around you get hit.

I don't see how it's that big an issue if you properly read the D and adjust your protection and routes based on them.
its not just something that happens to the user, i havent had it happen to me on offense yet, just when i'm playing D and i hit the QB he fumbles but its an incomplete pass.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #10
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I've had a few that I know where fumbles and others that were incomplete passes. I think the game and devs have a hard time programming in which is which.

I have had 4 though actually called fumbles, so I'm not seeing everyone be a incomplete pass.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
Rookie

MaSTA SoLIDUS's Arena

OVR: 1

Tuck rule, I guess. I don't know, maybe I'm just not as nitpicky. I've forced 3-4 fumbles with good pressure (completely forgot how def. hot routes are called...once I got that together, I was able to get my D in decent situations). But I can't say I've seen more than 10-15 incomplete that were close. I've played at least 15 games by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
This needs to be fixed ASAP, takes away from gameplay. It's a fumble not a incomplete pass.
It shouldn't be a fumble when it happens nearly every time the QB is hit. Make him hold on to the damn ball. I've seen the QB lose the ball more in the few games I've played than I have in entire seasons of real football. I'd be pissed if I had 20-30 fumbles at season's end because of the way the game plays.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Actually refs blow that call pretty often on weather the arm is going forward or not. So there is really nothing unrealistic about a lot of these passes being ruled incomplete.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

It wouldny be "unrealistic" if it happened once or twice a game. Unfortunately this seems to be happening 4-5 times in an 8min demo. Ive only had two ruled a fumble and one of those went to replay and was over turned. To me, it looks like the cpu controlled qb is smart enough to try and get rid of the ball to avoid a sack sometimes. However, this should be a penalty for intentional grounding. It looks to me, especially in the booth review play that I had, that the cpu qb isnt trying to throw it until he has already been hit.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

yea its annoying because the cpu is throwing out of a sack at the last minute possible and the ball is not going remotely close to anyone. u never see the qbs arm even move forward at all to resemble a pass. u just crunch the qb and he lets the ball out outta nowhere and no fumble is called. i was just saying to a buddy of mine how it is really starting to annoy me and i see im not the only one who noticed how often this is happening...go figure
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »