Home

Do you think there should be another difficulty setting?

This is a discussion on Do you think there should be another difficulty setting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Do you think there should be another difficulty setting?

Over the years and even more so with this recent demo, I've always thought that there should be a difficulty level between All-American and Heisman. A level where you got the competitiveness (I know debatable) of Heisman but w/o the blatant disregarding of ratings (again debatable that any level truly honor ratings). I just always felt it was a perfect setting somewhere in between; what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

Re: Do you think there should be another difficulty setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Over the years and even more so with this recent demo, I've always thought that there should be a difficulty level between All-American and Heisman. A level where you got the competitiveness (I know debatable) of Heisman but w/o the blatant disregarding of ratings (again debatable that any level truly honor ratings). I just always felt it was a perfect setting somewhere in between; what do you guys think?
I think with sliders, you can kind of find this "middle ground."

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Dash Woodson's Arena

OVR: 0

honestly you will only get a numerous amount of posts telling you to adjust your sliders with a question like that... but i really do feel you man, it should not be OUR problem to fix a faulty setting but the sad truth is it is! i wish there could be AI that is just THAT good instead of "dumbing" down my all americans on defense lol all Heisman difficulty is, is where the computer passes when you play run and vise-versa, not to mention your secondary playing with no motor skills... i definitely feel you mann
Old 06-30-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
Rookie

4solo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Don't get me wrong, I've always come up with a good set of sliders to make the game kinda "feel right" but It always seems that something about the level I choose to tweak, still drives the game. For example if you tweak from AA which I feel is the most realistic, as far as ratings are concerned, you can get some nice animations and things but it sometimes just feel the CPU don't have that killer instinct on AA. But then if you use Heisman as your base, you can get a nice set and the cpu plays hard but then far to often you still get those moments where CPU just goes unrealistically beast. I mean I 've learned to deal with it depending on which setting I use but just saying a level in between might work.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Don't get me wrong, I've always come up with a good set of sliders to make the game kinda "feel right" but It always seems that something about the level I choose to tweak, still drives the game. For example if you tweak from AA which I feel is the most realistic, as far as ratings are concerned, you can get some nice animations and things but it sometimes just feel the CPU don't have that killer instinct on AA. But then if you use Heisman as your base, you can get a nice set and the cpu plays hard but then far to often you still get those moments where CPU just goes unrealistically beast. I mean I 've learned to deal with it depending on which setting I use but just saying a level in between might work.
I see what you're saying. I just don't know if EA programmers know how to do that. lol

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I wish NCAA sliders were like Madden. IF you moved one, it automatically went to custom so you could get in between difficulty settings.

Plus they just had more specifc sliders......

Run reacton, pass reaction, fumble, break tackle
Old 06-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #7
Rookie

4solo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I wish NCAA sliders were like Madden. IF you moved one, it automatically went to custom so you could get in between difficulty settings.

Plus they just had more specifc sliders......

Run reacton, pass reaction, fumble, break tackle
Yea I think that would be a good idea b/c on madden you could set Passing to All-Madden but at the same time set RUSHING to all pro. And like you said with the more specific sliders it was cool to get dif degrees of all-madden. I don't really know how well they work though b/c I didn't spend much time with madden b/c of the unplayable franchise.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Sliders don't help the one big problem that I have with Heisman, the dumbing down of MY players. The CPU can be superhuman all they want. I don't mind that to get a competitive game, but when MY players start getting messed with then we have a problem. Way too many times I saw my guy just stand there when a play could be made whether it be in the run game or pass game. I would like a difficulty in between Heisman and AA where the cpu team got suped up, but your team was left alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »