Home

Arizona's uniforms wrong for 2nd straight year. Thanks EA...

This is a discussion on Arizona's uniforms wrong for 2nd straight year. Thanks EA... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #57
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Arizona's uniforms wrong for 2nd straight year. Thanks EA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1981
If they ever got my alma mater's unis wrong (Penn State), EA Sports would be the biggest failure ever. Period.
I would agree it would be the biggest failure ever because the jersey's couldn't be more plain...and haven't changed in 68 years?!? hahaha
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #58
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

It does kind of hamper your experience when your team is messed up. I know Oklahoma's uniforms were messed up for a couple of years, and it bothered me, even though it was much more subtle than Iowa's.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #59
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben5
I know you guys are getting pretty upset about EA getting uniforms wrong year after year. I'm going to clue you all in on something: EA sends school uniform designs for the game, and schools are supposed to report back any errors. If the school doesn't say anything, it doesn't get changed. And strangely enough, some broad sitting in an athletic office doesn't notice facemask colors as well as we do.

I'm just saying that it's not always EA's fault.
But people need a scapegoat! I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal to the schools if they're uniforms are slightly off. I feel like the schools would rather pay attention to the bigger things...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
why don't all 3 of you look at the scoreboard

sorry, I wanted to play along too haha.

PS- Keenan Allen wasn't even the most exciting Freshman last year in the PAC.

Now waits, for Oregon fan to come in
Knew it wouldn't be long before a Trojans fan appeared...Actually my wife is a Trojan fan...we get along really 'great' the week that UA plays USC every year :/

Seriously though neither UA or ASU has been really very good in a long while. UA has managed to turn their program around and at least be competitive again which is a huge bonus for us who watched them before Stoops got their, now if he could just put them over the hump.

While it would be nice if EA would quit screwing things up (and not just uniforms) I thinks it's more important for them to focus on some of the gameplay issues. Just my opinion but I guess maybe that will change this year when I have to look at the messed up uniforms UA has continuously.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #61
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Botched uniforms suck immersion out of the game, especially if youre playing with your favorite team. Period, point blank.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #62
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xannash
Knew it wouldn't be long before a Trojans fan appeared...Actually my wife is a Trojan fan...we get along really 'great' the week that UA plays USC every year :/

Seriously though neither UA or ASU has been really very good in a long while. UA has managed to turn their program around and at least be competitive again which is a huge bonus for us who watched them before Stoops got their, now if he could just put them over the hump.

While it would be nice if EA would quit screwing things up (and not just uniforms) I thinks it's more important for them to focus on some of the gameplay issues. Just my opinion but I guess maybe that will change this year when I have to look at the messed up uniforms UA has continuously.
What area do you live in? The UA SC game always has a special place in my heart. One side of my fam is all USC grads, the other is all UA grads.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #63
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
True, but none deserved to be in the BCS games due to their weak schedules. We shall see how Utah does now that they are in the Pac 12. TCU going to the Big East is not a big deal to me and won't garner much respect...personally I think the Big XII should have grabbed TCU and Houston and got back up to 12 teams and a conference championship. Wonder if Texas did not want that though since they apparently run the conference.
The Horns definitely run the Big (not quite) XII for their own benefit, but the fact is that no one in that conference has any interest in seeing BCS programs in DFW or Houston competing for talent.

In 2011 the state of Texas produced 368 FBS recruits (most in the nation); 236 of those came the Metroplex and Houston. That's only 3 less than the entire state of California.

That's why TCU going to the BE is a big deal. Up until now, any kid from DFW/Hou who wanted to play bigtime cfb was forced to leave home. Starting next year that will change.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #64
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben5
I know you guys are getting pretty upset about EA getting uniforms wrong year after year. I'm going to clue you all in on something: EA sends school uniform designs for the game, and schools are supposed to report back any errors. If the school doesn't say anything, it doesn't get changed. And strangely enough, some broad sitting in an athletic office doesn't notice facemask colors as well as we do.

I'm just saying that it's not always EA's fault.
I think you meant some "lady" sitting in an athletic office... anyway, back on topic... the biggest mistake EA made was when they released the video showing them reading this board and immediately jumping into their computers and changing FSU's field art after a fan posted that here.

So the old... "It's the school's fault..." line doesn't fly w/ me anymore. Perhaps EA needs to be a bit more diligent on who exactly gets their stuff for approval. Like, oh, I don't know... maybe the equipment manager and not some lady in an office. As has been pointed out here multiple times, it doesn't take long to Google a team and get a photo to double check on things. It's just another example of what happens when you're the only game in town and there's no competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »