Home

CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only)

This is a discussion on CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only)

All of us that played last years game (ON HEISMAN ONLY) know that the CPU would attempt fg's ranging from 58 to 63 yard every time they could. They would never punt therefore ruining the strategy of college football. This only happened on the Heisman level which was odd, but obvious. After testing this many hours on different game play levels there was no doubt this was only on the heisman level, which in turn killed the game for me and ended my ownership of NCAA 11. So after a couple demo games I get the cpu in that same situation where they can go for a 60 yard fg, or punt as would any football team including 99% of the NFL. So what happens next the CPU sends out the fg unit, un freakin real. How has this not reached the dev's, is this game never played on that level by anyone associated with the dev team. I actually was beyond hyped about this game, but this logic alone kills the strategy of the game and ruins any realism that is trying to be achieved by EA. Please address this so I can play your game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only)

Without getting into the whole Heisman vs lower level debates it is my beliefe that the CPU is programmed to be more aggressive on Heisman level

Along with that aggressive gameplay style comes with a hidden boost up in ratings.

Combine the two together and you get kickers even with 80 overall Kick Power attempting FG's well outisde of their range or what their ratings dictate their range should be

I see the CPU punt on several occassions even if the distance would only be about a 48-50 yard FG....they tend to not get too aggressive until the last few minutes of the 2nd qtr or 4th qtr

I sometimes wonder if coaching settings has anything to do with this on Heisman mode.....for example if you turn down the coaching aggressive slider will it limit that type of stuff on Heisman from happening.

The coaching options IMO works pretty good on the lower level but i never really tried it on Heisman mode

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Without getting into the whole Heisman vs lower level debates it is my beliefe that the CPU is programmed to be more aggressive on Heisman level

Along with that aggressive gameplay style comes with a hidden boost up in ratings.

Combine the two together and you get kickers even with 80 overall Kick Power attempting FG's well outisde of their range or what their ratings dictate their range should be

I see the CPU punt on several occassions even if the distance would only be about a 48-50 yard FG....they tend to not get too aggressive until the last few minutes of the 2nd qtr or 4th qtr

I sometimes wonder if coaching settings has anything to do with this on Heisman mode.....for example if you turn down the coaching aggressive slider will it limit that type of stuff on Heisman from happening.

The coaching options IMO works pretty good on the lower level but i never really tried it on Heisman mode
I have to disagree, the level should not create unreal logic, and your last sentence makes it hard to give your view much cred, when you haven't played the heisman level. I don't think rating even matter when it comes to this, at least it didn't last year.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

I've often wondered in this area myself and think it would make for swapping some good testing theories to find fixes for this area.

Since the OP has stated his stance against your thought, bring it over to your QB AWR thread and let's see what we can come up with to improve this area.

Especially since we've already seen how non-positional ratings are having actual effects on gameplay.

see you over there!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

I've seen in an interview that Ben says that his settings are All American with default sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Why? He likes winning every game by 30. I haven't been challenged on aa ever. They really need to re do the ai and difficulty settings in theyre football games. I play many other sports games and find the hardest level too tough. Yet on ea's football games I haves to play on the hardest level to even get a challenge. I have yet to lose a game on the demo on heisman. Im sure the retail will provide a better challenge.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

You could find good sliders on AA. That's what I do. Or I use Matt10's Varsity sliders that are really tough.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Does anyone know if this has even been brought up to a dev?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »