Home

I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

This is a discussion on I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
it is a bunch of garbage, but what can you do? ea's attention to detail is crap.
But the 3D grass man!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #34
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am not saying it's pointless to have entrances if they're wrong, but I am just saying that if they're going to spend time on them, why not get them done correctly?
While I agree with this statement, I believe EA needs to start spending some time on the damn game engine before they start worrying about the "bells and whistles". They still don't have a solid foundation of gameplay.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #35
Rookie

Orangemann's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Yep. I mean, trust me. I understand they can't do every team. But why would you skip a perennial top 10-15 team that wins ten games or more every season and has a widely considered top 3 entrance?

I wouldn't be overly mad if they skipped putting in anything for UNC, because UNC isn't a program that's near the top of the nation and their entrance isn't considered one of, if not the, best entrance out there. But Va Tech's entrance? I don't understand why.
I just don't understand why they chose to focus on the entrances that they did if anything. I mean, they can look around the state of Virginia, you have UVA and VT, of those two, they chose to make UVA's entrance correct and leave VT's as only half done. That's backwards in the sense that EA usually pampers the better teams.

I bring this topic up not only because I'm a Hokie and I was greatly anticipating seeing a full VT entrance and then be able to control what happens afterward, but because I was looking forward to doing that with EVERY team.

I'd almost rather not have correct entrances for any team than have only select teams get them. That time could be spent improving commentary or other presentation aspects which all teams/players could benefit from.

That's my gripe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #36
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

The reason I skip every entrance is not a matter of authenticity(Clemson's does look pretty meh though), but they are so boring. The commentators are completely quiet and you can only hear the cheerleaders and like 5 or 6 fans. They could really do the whole thing better.

They just take the excitement out of these entrances.

Hopefully next year they take a page out of Madden's book and consult a real sports broadcasting company on how to have more realistic and authentic presentation.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #37
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
While I agree with this statement, I believe EA needs to start spending some time on the damn game engine before they start worrying about the "bells and whistles". They still don't have a solid foundation of gameplay.
They've got a game engine that doesn't do what we want. It's been garbage since they made the engine for the current gen consoles. Pop in NCAA 10 for PS2, and you'll see how good that one is.

Maybe they could fix the engine, maybe not. I'm not a software expert by any means. But I know the current engine is garbage compared to their old one.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #38
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

i am prepared to be flamed out of my mind for my post right now. But to be honest, idc. Everyone has their opinions on things about the game, what is great what isnt so great. Like these entrances for instance, yes they arnt 100% right but im not going to flip out about it, I just get excited to see an entrance period and to see my teams coming onto the field and the crowd roaring. THAT is what gets me pumped not because one teams number is a tad bit darker than they should, not because they come out of the wrong tunnel, not because of the entrance being cut to short. u get what i mean. If you want to see real players, real commentary, real entrances, go what Saturday Football on your TV when the season starts. I for one Love what EA is doing with the game this year ( minus the dreads, not a fan of them at all) and when July 12th comes i will be playing the game to have fun playing a college football game with amazing graphics, tackling engine, and crowd. and not because so and so's number isnt right or they came out of the south tunnel instead of the north.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #39
Rookie

Orangemann's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
i am prepared to be flamed out of my mind for my post right now. But to be honest, idc. Everyone has their opinions on things about the game, what is great what isnt so great. Like these entrances for instance, yes they arnt 100% right but im not going to flip out about it, I just get excited to see an entrance period and to see my teams coming onto the field and the crowd roaring. THAT is what gets me pumped not because one teams number is a tad bit darker than they should, not because they come out of the wrong tunnel, not because of the entrance being cut to short. u get what i mean. If you want to see real players, real commentary, real entrances, go what Saturday Football on your TV when the season starts. I for one Love what EA is doing with the game this year ( minus the dreads, not a fan of them at all) and when July 12th comes i will be playing the game to have fun playing a college football game with amazing graphics, tackling engine, and crowd. and not because so and so's number isnt right or they came out of the south tunnel instead of the north.
That's fine and dandy but most of us DO watch college football on Saturdays, but it's the other days when CFB isn't on and during the off-season what we want to re-create the feeling that we all get on Saturdays in the Fall.

That's why there is so much talk about presentation and commentary, we want to be able to re-create one of (if not our) favorite sports any time we want.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #40
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemann
That's fine and dandy but most of us DO watch college football on Saturdays, but it's the other days when CFB isn't on and during the off-season what we want to re-create the feeling that we all get on Saturdays in the Fall.

That's why there is so much talk about presentation and commentary, we want to be able to re-create one of (if not our) favorite sports any time we want.
Heres the deal do.

I get it.

I understand its a cool entrance and VT fans are passionate.

That being said, if you had to choose between better gameplay or better entrances, which would you choose?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »