Home

I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

This is a discussion on I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemann
That's fine and dandy but most of us DO watch college football on Saturdays, but it's the other days when CFB isn't on and during the off-season what we want to re-create the feeling that we all get on Saturdays in the Fall.

That's why there is so much talk about presentation and commentary, we want to be able to re-create one of (if not our) favorite sports any time we want.
And I'm of the belief that if they can't mimic the gameplay I see every Saturday, then throwing in every authentic entrance in the world is still going to lead to disappointment. Yes, the presentation and what not is important, but they need to put more resources into fixings many of these gameplay errors that still exist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #42
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
That's fine and dandy but most of us DO watch college football on Saturdays, but it's the other days when CFB isn't on and during the off-season what we want to re-create the feeling that we all get on Saturdays in the Fall.

That's why there is so much talk about presentation and commentary, we want to be able to re-create one of (if not our) favorite sports any time we want.

You do have a valid point but i think presentation would be fine the way it is until the next gen possibly just upgrading entrances for all the teams like VT or Texas tech or A&M. But Commentary is the only thing i think is a must fix soon
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #43
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Heres the deal do.

I get it.

I understand its a cool entrance and VT fans are passionate.

That being said, if you had to choose between better gameplay or better entrances, which would you choose?

im liking gameplay in the demo, it does have flaws but they are fixable. but i would take gameplay but then again i love seeing the teams coming to the field, they just dont need to show them jumping in a huddle or something
Old 07-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #44
Rookie

Orangemann's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Heres the deal do.

I get it.

That being said, if you had to choose between better gameplay or better entrances, which would you choose?
I'd like both, not sure why we should have to compromise on that
Old 07-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #45
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Heres the deal do.

I get it.

Everyone will answer gameplay. But, we all know we will never get a true representation of the game on a video game. We want more than just gameplay, we want the immersion factor that other games give you. Correct entrances are a solid part of that. But think about it. If they're going to put in entrances for some teams, why are they ignoring one that has one of the top ranked entrances, while putting in some with teams with little history and no major entrance? The logic on the choice makes no sense.

You're looking at it from a close minded point of view. It's not a black and white issue like you're making it out to be. Gameplay is one thing. Immersion comes from more than just entrances, and this game just hasn't been immersing at all on the newest consoles. You play it, you play a game of football, but it doesn't feel like a Saturday. There's no story to it. No sense of a rivalry game when you play one. Playing Akron vs UNC feels the same as the Iron Bowl. That's the issue. No immersion at all.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #46
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Because it's EA....you see how little they get done from year to year...they couldn't do both in one cycle lol
Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #47
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Apply to EA, maybe they will hire you and then YOU could be the change you want in the world!

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 3

Can I get a link to VT's entrance in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »