Home

I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

This is a discussion on I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemann
I know, it sucks. I'm going to do the stadium sounds thing, I was just hoping for a lot more. Been looking forward to that entrance in game for a longggg time now.
Totally understandable...I'm sure next year they'll have it fixed though.

http://www.video2mp3.net/

Use that for editing the song.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #58
Rookie

bhbdawg's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
People skip through them because EA puts very little effort into making it worthwhile.
In '11, I think a big reason people skipped through the intros was because the pre-game chatter from the announcers was the same every time. Very little variety and nothing interesting. Should show records, award contenders, coaches on the hot seat, notable stats, etc... Just something to add a little variety.

And perhaps they've done that, but I think that's a big reason for people skipping the intros over and over. If it were a little more like a real telecast, I think we'd be more likely to sit through it.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #59
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Well I'm very disappointed. One thing that bugs me about all these entrances is that they really aren't that exciting. There is no buzz when the entrance happens. People will be skipping through these like nothing after a couple games. And to not properly execute cfb's greatest football entrance in the nation is beyond me. They don't have any fans jumping up and down. Any entrance for that matter I could fall asleep. Every time I witness Enter Sandman at Lane I get goose bumps. I'm sure it's the same way with anyone else's favorite team. Do any of you get goose bumps when your team takes the field with their entrance in ncaa '12? I'm going to doubt it.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 AM   #60
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Well, that entrance is a bit disappointing (no crowd bouncing, tunnel isn't super accurate), but I hope that next year it can be better, as well as adding entrances for schools that don't have their entrances in the game as of 12.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #61
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemann
They didn't touch it at all, which is a huge letdown.

Adding Enter Sandman won't even do much because their entrance is so rushed. They show the Hokie Stone touching and then they run out...no buildup or anything. They don't even have the Corps Of Cadets lining the field making a human tunnel for them to run out through.

That's a damn shame, they took the easy way out in one of the best entrances in all of college football.
Honestly be happy you have an entrance. Pat Tillman is a national hero. The Tillman tunnel and touching the mural is a big part of tradition here along with the line up of cheerleaders and as high school as it sounds busting through the banner. As far as I know we have none of that. So be happy you have something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 03:53 AM   #62
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndy
Agreed, I mean like I said before, not even the retail version is out and people are complaining.
SMH. The reason they can complain is because they HAVE seen the retail version of the game. Your comment makes no sense.

Last edited by Kid FSU; 07-04-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
SMH. The reason they can complain is because they HAVE seen the retail version of the game. Your comment makes no sense.
Sure it does, it means we will get 10x as many threads as people find out what is wrong with Fresno State or Baylor or Temple or FAU because we'll finally see them.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #64
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

What is funny is some "unique" entrences are very generic. Take Army for example. They just run out of the corner of the field with the captain (i think) holding an American flag.

The thing is that Cadets line up on both sides. So kinda like running through the "T" or the "A" but with Cadets. Man I would really love to see a Cadet, Midshipmen, and (what do you call somebody at Air Force) skins in the game.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »