Home

Deep Zones getting burned

This is a discussion on Deep Zones getting burned within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Deep Zones getting burned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, I guess I am the only person who has not seen this?
Hadn't seen it either until that game. Hadn't been behind like that either. So I never attempted a comeback. I also thought people were overstating the ease of kick returns. I had none in who knows how many games and all of the sudden I've returned 3 in my last 4 games and the cpu had 1.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

I've only seen it a handful of times (I've played about 10 games on the demo). Maybe I'm not noticing it because of the way I'm doing reads, but coverage does break down some times.

Keep in mind this is a two and a half month old build of the game, and that it would be easily fixable in the demo if we had sliders.

Saying **** like "It's always something with this game!" and complaining as if the entire game is completely broken...it's a little premature for that, don't you think? It's not like money slant routes every time, or PA Smash being open for 20 yard gains every time.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

The reason why the CPU gets beat deep so much is because they are using the "play short zone" defense adjustments. I noticed that after 2 runs or a couple of short passes, the safties and linebackers start to play really close to the line of scrimmage which in turn opens up the deep ball. I really think the CPU is being to aggressive with its playcalling and its adjustments. By the 4th snap the defense is already set to the "jump snap" adjustment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
The reason why the CPU gets beat deep so much is because they are using the "play short zone" defense adjustments. I noticed that after 2 runs or a couple of short passes, the safties and linebackers start to play really close to the line of scrimmage which in turn opens up the deep ball. I really think the CPU is being to aggressive with its playcalling and its adjustments. By the 4th snap the defense is already set to the "jump snap" adjustment.

I think you're probably right. Too bad there's people on here who have more fun complaining about how coverage breaks down and sometimes a guy gets open on a deep route...because that never happens in real life. The negativity on here is mind blowing some times.

Next there's going to be a thread saying "I stiffed armed a guy and was able to run 20 yards for a touch down. THIS IS NOT REALISTIC! THE COMPUTER AI CAN'T EVEN TACKLE! I'M NOT BUYING THIS GAME!"
Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I couldn't help but notice this as well. I was disappointed in the CPU DB AI while playing the demo.

I chucked a deep pass as time expired in the half and the CPU DB stood right in front of my guy and did not. My AI controlled WR stood there and made the TD catch while the CPU DB gazed into his eyes.

I am holding out hope this is not the case with the retail or that sliders can fix this issue.

I was playing on Heisman.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

yep, I saw this as well. It is not so much that the deep ball is wide open as it is that the defensive backs won't make a play on the ball and just let it go right over their heads, usually into a waiting wide receivers open arms.

This is the only real issue I had with the demo - here is hoping it is fixed in the retail version
Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

This had better be fixed in the retail version. Just absolutely terrible how badly even on heisman that the CPU will blow deep coverages. Anyway I will be playing Coach Mode so hopefully that will give me a realistic game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have noticed this on quite a few plays with zone defense (BOTH the CPU and my own Defenese). The CPU doesnt always spot/throw to the deep guy (when he is open), but look when you do a Zone defense and you will notice it often.

I have even set the adjustments to Conservative for Zone reads and it still happens.

This is not a game breaker for me, but it is a huge deterant for using the zone defense. Like last year, the zone defense is broken. I have been plesantly suprised at the fixes this year in defense, and I am hoping this is an easy fix (via tuner).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »