Home

When I play DT or DE I always fall down or trip?

This is a discussion on When I play DT or DE I always fall down or trip? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: When I play DT or DE I always fall down or trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
Wait, so how do you use the swim technique?
Great question!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Rookie

omnom's Arena

OVR: 2

I've only played the demo, but I find it more likely to stay upright if you don't hold/touch the sprint button when you move the right stick to disengage. You'll still get thrown down, although at a much more realistic rate in my opinion and I've never had problems playing de/dt. No idea if auto-sprint affects any of this.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnom
I've only played the demo, but I find it more likely to stay upright if you don't hold/touch the sprint button when you move the right stick to disengage. You'll still get thrown down, although at a much more realistic rate in my opinion and I've never had problems playing de/dt. No idea if auto-sprint affects any of this.
Yes I agree. Try not to press the sprint button until you're clear.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Yes I agree. Try not to press the sprint button until you're clear.
Whenever I hit the sprint button I stumble, maybe its because i'm still too close to other defenders? And I turned off auto sprint and got a sack on the very next play with my DT by pressing up on the right stick at the snap and clearing the center
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
Rookie

CharlieKelly's Arena

OVR: 0

I've found it helps to scout against the guard/tackle. If you have a higher agility/acceleration rating I go to the side, a higher strength rating I try to push them over. If my player is better all across the board then I swap it up and it seems to work. Defensive ends I find it to be most effective to go to the outside to start as it's easier to get free and forces the AI to focus on you and then you start to swap it up.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
For me, I just have to be quick with the right thumbstick and double hit it the way it needs to go. If I first go right and the blocker follows me and leaves a hole on the left then I flick it left an then my guy turns around and boxes out the lineman. If I go right and see a hole to get through on the right, then I hit it once again and he boxes out. Idk. Maybe I just get lucky but to my recollection that's all I do. Now sometimes I do get knocked down, but a lot of times I can get pressure or sacks on a quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my Podcast here
Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

The times I've really noticed this is on the HB Screen plays, my DT/DE is unblocked, about to destroy the QB and he sort of stumbles as if its some thing to stop a Sack on that play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoore 28
For me, I just have to be quick with the right thumbstick and double hit it the way it needs to go. If I first go right and the blocker follows me and leaves a hole on the left then I flick it left an then my guy turns around and boxes out the lineman. If I go right and see a hole to get through on the right, then I hit it once again and he boxes out. Idk. Maybe I just get lucky but to my recollection that's all I do. Now sometimes I do get knocked down, but a lot of times I can get pressure or sacks on a quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, thats what I was looking for, any kind of tip is much appreciated thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »