Home

Game Informer Review

This is a discussion on Game Informer Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Game Informer Review

Yeah that review and the score don't match up. His tone is of boredom and disgust, but his score is like he had the best time of his life.

It has the tone of he didn't like the game, BUT in order to keep his EA press pass he gave it a high score for it can sale.

Kind of like the teacher who knows full well that student deserves a failing grade, but since he is the star football player or basketball player, she gives him a passing grade for he can stay on the team.

That was one of the weirdest reviews I ever read in a long time.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't need to see any reviews. I've played the demo and I've been playing this series since 2001.

The player movement, foot planting, and player interactions are still well below par in my opinion. I can't justify a purchase as long as those areas of the gameplay continue to lag behind. I'll definitely rent it though.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #19
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

My read on the review is totally different then most of the statements here. I didn't get any sense of dislike or negativity. I got the feeling that he considers the last two efforts of the series stellar, top notch work, and is now looking for some improvements that will move the game into iconic status a la The Jordan Modes in NBA 2K11.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
NCAA 12 is better than NCAA 11, and yet I feel like we’ve come to the point in the series’ lifecycle where the changes – while all worthwhile – are getting harder to notice. Perhaps that’s because of all the hard work has already been done. Consider the game’s online dynasties, which are already full-featured enough that one of its main new additions – being able to sim ahead a week from your computer – is an optional pay-to-play feature. When things are going this good, it seems insane to ask for an overhaul of some core features like recruiting. But as they always say in football, you’ve got to fight for every yard.
That's what caught my eye in regards to the review. In regards to NCAA and Madden, we seem to be just about to hit the wall when it comes to development.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Of course there is such a thing as NCAA 11.5. Basically it means that the latest game doesn't make significant improves over the previous game. The fact that recruiting and progression still seem to be broken truly makes me question just what goes on at EA during the last year.

FIX what is broken before you tweak what isn't.
Actually GAINING running yardage isn't enough? Easier scrambling? Better tackle animations? Ability to adjust conferences to you liking? Ability to start out as an coordinator? What do you need for a good game? You sure seem like you need a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #22
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
Actually GAINING running yardage isn't enough? Easier scrambling? Better tackle animations? Ability to adjust conferences to you liking? Ability to start out as an coordinator? What do you need for a good game? You sure seem like you need a lot.

P.S where does it say progression is still broken? I have heard no such things

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »