Home

I work at retail store, oh the torture!

This is a discussion on I work at retail store, oh the torture! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
I work at retail store, oh the torture!

So I go in the back today and all the sudden a white light and that ooohhhhh sound starts to play when I see a vendor has sent our huge display of ncaa 12 along with 70 copies of the game.

Of course I cant buy a copy until midnight making it 7/12/11 but having to stare at that display for the next 3 days is going to suck.

The cool thing is I get to have the display when it is done being used. I only want it cuz Bama is my fav team.

Anyone else who works at a retail store have a story?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Rookie

MidnightYell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I work at retail store, oh the torture!

I don't work at one, but I have two friends who man the local GameStop. I half-jokingly asked them the other day how much money I'd have to slip them under the table to get my hands on it early and their only response was, "Oh yeah? Imagine how we feel."

I'd imagine it's torture. It's one thing to lounge around and think about it like I'm doing, but completely another to have to stare at the actual tangible copy of the finished game for days.

"For no matter how many years may pass, what physical changes come, no matter how the generations rise and fall away, A&M - that is to say the essential spirit of A&M - will never pass away."
Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Banned

I would probably go insane... Haha working at GameStop would be cool but wanting the game so badly would be too much.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I worked at circuit city for a couple years before they went under and it was torturrrrre. I was the product supervisor which pretty much left me in charge of every piece of inventory in the store... Man was it tempting back then to just slip myself a copy....... haha never had the balls to though
Old 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I use work at a super walmart back in the day. We use to get our games a week or 2 before the release date. And being that I was over electronics, as soon as the game came off the truck I had to put them in lock up.

We couldn't trust our store workers. No video games, lap tops, ipods, cell phones or digital cameras ever went into the bin. They all went to lock up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I worked at Hollywood Video before they closed, and I was the asst. manager and every Friday we'd get our games in. I'd always inventory them and take them home until Tuesday when they released...man I wished they were still open and I had access to the early games.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightYell
I don't work at one, but I have two friends who man the local GameStop. I half-jokingly asked them the other day how much money I'd have to slip them under the table to get my hands on it early and their only response was, "Oh yeah? Imagine how we feel."

I'd imagine it's torture. It's one thing to lounge around and think about it like I'm doing, but completely another to have to stare at the actual tangible copy of the finished game for days.
Really all they have to do is give you the disc and hold the case until tuesday and ring it up at that time and use the cash you gave them to pay for it. They arent your true friends if they wont let you get it early. Lol
Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Banned

Man you electronic store guys are lucky, when I used to work at a convenience store the most interesting thing we ever sold were cigarettes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »