Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Past years it was almost like I forced myself to like NCAA because it was the only NCAA football game. I'd play for an hour or so and think gosh, this game just isn't all that much fun. Once Madden arrived I never put NCAA back in.

So really didn't expect much from this year but am blown away after playing a half with Wyoming against Idaho but am too tired to play second half. BTW I was down 10-7. CPU running attack really made me play hard and intense to stop them. They didn't rip off a huge run ever, couple 8 or 10 yards and others were 4 to 6 yards ... just a consistent ground attack that made me really work to contain. I had two sacks with my LE on the first series but after that Idaho started throwing quick passes and mixing in the running game nicely to keep me on my heels. Maybe there CPU didn't adjust but it sure seemed they were to keep me from getting more sacks IDK.

You really have to make your reads passing this year. I threw 2 picks trying to force passes.

I spent most of my time replaying plays just to look at the graphics and the stunning realism of the game with the lights and grass and things like that.

I almost fell out of my chair on a pass that got tipped at the line when one of my D-tackles put his hands up and tipped a pass that bounced off his finger tips and tumbled end of over end just like you see in a real game. The way the ball caromed was just so realistic. D-linemen do a great job of getting hands up and trying to knock down passes if the can't get a pass rush. It's very realistic and I don't feel cheated when the CPU bats a pass down.

Guaranteed I spend more time with this year's game than I have with the previous 5 additions combined.

Would love to see AI not snap the ball so quick in future additions, have bad snaps, blocked kicks and have more penalties.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #74
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

The CPU still takes really long FG's, they tried a 65 yarder against me earlier.

LOVING this game. Denard scrambled around so many times on me, and made me pay on a zero blitz I called with a 40 yard run.

Great work EA, you guys delivered this year. I'm off to bed to get some sleep before I play this all day tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #75
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Just wanted to say that I am impressed. Nothing was money, I got a steady pass rush as did the cpu. AI is much improved. The cpu actually looks like it knows how to play football.

Just some early thoughts. Great job EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #76
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Just finished my second game with some more impressions. Oregon State at Oregon, 6 min quarters, Heisman default.

Final Score:

OSU- 7
Oregon- 13

Total Offense:

OSU- 137
Oregon- 286

Ground Game:

OSU- 19 carries, 64 yards, 0 TD's
Oregon- 28 carries, 145 yards, 0 TD's

Air Game:

OSU- 10/18, 73 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT
Oregon- 12/18, 141 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

Thoughts and Impressions

- So far, I've played two games on Heisman, won the one I should have, lost the one I didn't have much of a chance in.

- I feel like I played just about out of my mind to lose 7-13

- The game is is going to have to be in the 8-9 minute range. The game doesn't truly flesh out on 6 minute quarters.

- LMJ was as good as real life. He was a monster, and broke off 2 30+ yard runs.

- You really have to stay in the pocket. Its the only way to get a pass off unless you have a versatile QB.

- I haven't played a game of NCAA that intense in years. The atmosphere, and crowd noise was awesome.

- Kirk and Brad are already becoming background noise. I love the recap things, but its not worth the stale commentary.

- Tonight is the night the NCAA series has joined 2K, The Show, and FIFA as an upper echelon sports series.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have only got 1 game in so far, but i am impressed. I played default heisman on 8 minute quarters against Ohio. Yes not ohio state, but ohio! I lost 28-14 with my cupcake teambuilder team. Some of the computers sucess came because i am still trying to get used to the new tackling, but their QB ran for like 150 yards on me. I lost, but did not feel like i was cheated.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hands down, I love the game. Every play is a challenge, and feels rewarding when you pull it off. It appears that the player models are actually smaller this year. They seem more proportioned to the field. I feel it's more a defensive game this year, and you have to work for every yard on offense. Great job EA! Also, I can see human coaches losing some games to cpu teams in online dynasties, and that is a welcome addition.

Last edited by defwen23; 07-12-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #79
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

im pretty blown away right now

On heisman, with a one notch increase to CPU run block, and speed threshold at 25 (the sweet spot this year), check out Oregons numbers against my penn state D at HALF TIME

LMJ - 8 carries - 41 yards
Thomas - 6 carries - 102 yards

They are shredding me on long gainers when I call a dumb defense. I love it! Heisman is the way to go this year, the Oregon offense is POTENT

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #80
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
This game is challenging I love it. Lost my 1st ND(me) 17 vs Pitt 20

I had a tough time passing. But I could run very well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
MLB: New York Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »