Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #25
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: IGN Review is up

The Gameplay to me (based on the demo) was what I wanted. It feels right to me.

It's a video game and it's fun! A chance to get away from any stress of every day life and just kick back and play a game.

Looking forward to playing this year's version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

A good review in general from Greg.

I don't know why people always expect radical changes year-upon-year.

The suction blocking and tackling has gone, and the gameplay generally feels better than last year. Surely that's all the developers have to do in a yearly update, make sure the gameplay is nailed.

It's unrealistic to expect a game to reinvent itself every year, especially if it's based on the same engine.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I agree for the most part. Everyone has to get used to what seems like a bi-yearly gameplay revamp. Madden and NCAA seem to be alternating years on improving gameplay and improving the off the field stuff like dynsasty and presentation.

That's not bad though. If the gameplay is good, tightening it up and adding significantly to dynasty and RTG is god progress. Maybe next year they start looking to a physics based engine or something but I'm happy where their going...
Definitely. The teams are getting pretty smart with staggering their features and gameplay improvements. It allows them to include bigger changes on a bi-annual basis than smaller changes every year.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: IGN Review is up

I have about had it with EA. I read in the IGN review that in the coaching carousel as a OC or DC I have to recruit for the WHOLE TEAM! This is so annoying. Is there quality control over there at EA? Was this a design decision? A real bad one EA! So I guess I won't be playing CC this year.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #29
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers30
I have about had it with EA. I read in the IGN review that in the coaching carousel as a OC or DC I have to recruit for the WHOLE TEAM! This is so annoying. Is there quality control over there at EA? Was this a design decision? A real bad one EA! So I guess I won't be playing CC this year.
Wow dude, all you have to do is put on recruiting assist and then only recruit whatever side of the ball you're a coordinator for. I can see where it might be a SLIGHT annoyance but no where near enough to completely disregard a entire new feature. Atleast to me. To each his own I suppose.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #30
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRag
Wow dude, all you have to do is put on recruiting assist and then only recruit whatever side of the ball you're a coordinator for. I can see where it might be a SLIGHT annoyance but no where near enough to completely disregard a entire new feature. Atleast to me. To each his own I suppose.
Yeah folks will drama it up always when they dont get their way completely instead of figuring out a way on their own to simulate what they want.

If they want realism they can turn on all the recruiting assist options and not touch recruiting at all as a Coordinator.

It is the first year that being Coordinators is an option in the first year of the Coaching Carousel. EA will tweak it in years to come, they are not going to release it in perfect fashion. They have to save a few fixes for future editions of the game so sales numbers do not drop.

People need to get over themselves and realize that first and foremost that in making this game EA treats it like a business and thus they have to make sure there is a future in the game and not blow their entire wad in a single year.

Some players will never accept that reality so they will gripe but they will buy the game every year regardless. So much easier to just find things about it that make you happy when you know you are going to buy the game, right?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRag
Thanks for the tip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Player movement is still awful. That's all I need to know. This game just doesn't look or feel anything like football. Players turn on a dime, they skate all over the field, there's hardly any sense of weight, and momentum is not properly respected. That's why I'm going to sit this year out and hope for the best next year, but I'm afraid the player movement (and player interactions) are going to change very little until the next gen of consoles.

For those of you who can overlook this issue, I honestly envy you.

Playing on slow or very slow helps the skating and the feeling of sense of weight to the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »