Home

Best Triple Option Team? (NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on Best Triple Option Team? (NCAA 12) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Triple Option Team? (NCAA 12)

When I played online with '11 I used Georgia Tech. It looks like this years Georgia Tech will be a lot worse so I am looking for a viable team that I can use to run the Triple Option.

I was thinking maybe Michigan, but I don't know much about their running backs.

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best Triple Option Team? (NCAA 12)

Miss St should be pretty good

QB(Chris Relf) overall is 88. Is a bigger qb but can run
2 good running backs too. Vick Ballard is 90. Is a bruiser back. Perkins is the faster back and is overall 86.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

"Best" Triple Option team is debatable for sure...since the one's that exclusively run it are not great-- especially if you say GT isn't going to be great this year!

I'm gonna say Air Force! They still have that QB #7 and two awesome backs returning too. They were always my favorite playbook when it came to triple option anyway. But GT is probably going to be better than them statistically, even if they're worse than last year.

Also to your Michigan point-- they're not really a Triple Option Team anymore (especially with the new coach), but regardless, DENARD might be A LOT of fun to play with no matter what the offense! As far as their halfbacks go-- you'll have some decent options there with Vincent Smith and Michael Shaw both returning...enough to tear some people up for sure.

Last edited by cOWASs68; 07-11-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would say Nebraska, but they Nerfed the starting QB (Taylor Martinez) and made him the second slowest on the team (82 speed), when in reality, he's probably second only to Denard Robinson from Michigan.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWASs68
"Best" Triple Option team is debatable for sure...since the one's that exclusively run it are not great-- especially if you say GT isn't going to be great this year!
I read on another forum that they were going to be ranked around 41 this year in game and their QB was in the mid 80s.

I will have to check out Miss State. I would like to play AF online but I get tired of playing top 5 teams with top 20 talent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Rookie

I think Denard Robinson is going to be amazing at running options this year. IIRC, his Acceleration is 99 and Speed is 91. That acceleration should make it pretty easy to get out of the backfield in a hurry on Triple Option plays. The downside is that none of the RBs backing him up are very good.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

QB Speed isn't the most important part of running the Trip Option... If you have a Bruiser with high 80's speed and two speedsters on the wing with 90's and better.... you can get away with a QB in the high 70's to low 80's... (At least for the Flexbone Offense)

The workhorse of the flex is the FB, he is the one that should have the most carries.... I remember in years past, I would rock with my Noles using the Flex in the days of Chris Weinke and Warrick Dunn (For those that don't know, Weinke was a straight up Pocket Passer, Slow as molasses)

I'm actually In a Big 10 OD and will put the Flex in at Northwestern, So we'll see how that goes
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
Miss St should be pretty good

QB(Chris Relf) overall is 88. Is a bigger qb but can run
2 good running backs too. Vick Ballard is 90. Is a bruiser back. Perkins is the faster back and is overall 86.
Have to agree with this.....I used them my last game against Ole Miss and had a heck of a game, Perkins was quick and Ballard is the real deal!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »