Home

The Pistol Offense

This is a discussion on The Pistol Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
The Pistol Offense

For those with the game...how is the pistol. I have never ran anything like it before, but tomorrow im going to dive deep into custom playbooks and create my "Pistol Spread". Any tips/advice/information on what Im getting myself in to? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

Re: The Pistol Offense

It's not as explosive as say an Oregon offense, at least in game. One guy even complimented in the gameplay impressions thread how he was trying to use it as such and he couldn't, then tried it as a power run game and it worked wonders.

Honestly it is a power run game that has option plays in it that can make it explosive, but expect to drive down the field, not pick up 20 plus yard runs constantly.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
I've hated the pistol in the past. I know the basic premise of the pistol, but I haven't been able to get it to work for me.

Can anyone go in-depth on how it's best used in real life? And then how it's best used in NCAA12?

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 07-11-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
It's not as explosive as say an Oregon offense, at least in game. One guy even complimented in the gameplay impressions thread how he was trying to use it as such and he couldn't, then tried it as a power run game and it worked wonders.

Honestly it is a power run game that has option plays in it that can make it explosive, but expect to drive down the field, not pick up 20 plus yard runs constantly.
Thats actually exactly what im looking for lol. Lots of quick screens, bubble screen, reverses, draws, and stuff to keep the D off balanced. Then hit them for the big play. Also incorporating a good amount of shotgun. My mo is winning the possession battle and not turning it over
Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
I've hated the pistol in the past. I know the basic premise of the pistol, but I haven't ever been able to get it to work for me.

Can anyone go in-depth on how it's best used in real life? And then how it's best used in NCAA12?

I'll try to find it for you but someone here last year sent me to a site for it and I learned it and it was very helpful... if used how I learned to use it in real life in the game it worked wonderfully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
I'll try to find it for you but someone here last year sent me to a site for it and I learned it and it was very helpful... if used how I learned to use it in real life in the game it worked wonderfully.
please do!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

No success yet, I'll keep looking until 11 EST, then I'm off to Gamestop, got an hour round trip ahead of me but couldn't be more excited.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I use it the same way I would use the Ace except I run more options out of it.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »