Home

inexcusable glitch

This is a discussion on inexcusable glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #49
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: inexcusable glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
You guys don't get it? It is a joke to have tiny slip ups like this. I love the series and game but when you have been doing it since Danny Wuerfful (sp) was on the cover this is the stuff that should be gimme's. You guys can cuss about the broadcasting being terrible but not this? What if your a big LSU fan and they schedule 10 of 12 games at noon instead of at night or make OHio State v. Michigan an 8:00 game? It just takes away from what college football is all about... atmosphere. It doesn't kill anything but it just puts a dent in the experience. This isn't near a big a deal as last year having team's schedules F'd up, but again the guy makes a good point, I wouldn't criticize him b/c it is very valid.
I agree with your thinking. Night vs day games are huge parts of the atmosphere.

Saturday Night games are for primetime. Noon games are for lower rated games or Big 10 matchups. Evening games are inbetween. Thursday games have a distinct feel to them.

For anyone that watches college football, those things are ingrained in you. When I play the game at night, I automatically feel like I'm having a more important game. I would seriously be annoyed if I'm having a Thursday night game (FSU is notorious for struggling in them because they are always on the road...the president doesnt want home games on a thursday) so as a Nole fan I want to play in that atmosphere. If that is screwed up, then it takes away a very important aspect of the sim experience. It's a big part of the presentation.

I already thought the game didn't schedule enough prime time night games to begin with. As with so many other things I'd like to edit, I wish they allowed you to set what time of the day you played.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #50
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Seriously? You really care that a game is scheduled for 3:30 on a Thursday? Wow...
the joke

*WOOSH*

your head
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #51
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Like someone else said, if anyone gave this guy crap, than go off to complain about dreads, a slightly off jersey or wrong color face mask, than your a hippocrite.

It's not a glitch, it is an oversight. I could understand where it's annoying, as playing day versus night is a pretty large difference. EA should've just let us pick times from the opponent selection screen. (At the start of the season at least)
Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 24

It's 3:30 Pacific time, so 6:30 Eastern.

What's the problem??
Old 07-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1

Dorian it is crazy you responded about Thursday night games and also a FSU fan... I was actually going to bring up the Florida State vs. Virginia game from back in the day. I remember being a little kid and staying up on a school night... helluva game. The most exciting game I've ever seen in person was a Thursday Night game... Va Tech @ West Virginia... Crazy atmosphere... WVU shocked the #2 Hokies I believe... Even I rooted for WVU that night.

*the Mich. vs. OSU was from two years ago... They fixed that last year.

Last edited by NutsackII; 07-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Perhaps, but I cannot fathom why we should be forced to have this conversation in the first place. If we can select time of day for play now games, why can't we do the same for dynasties? What's the story, EA?
This is almost LESS realistic.

How often do you think teams in the SEC, who are all on TV nearly every week, get to pick their kick-off times?

I've said it somewhere on these forums before, but here it goes again.

I do think that kick-off times should be customizable for non-televised games. My Arkansas Razorbacks always kick-off at 6pm CST when the weather is still warm and 11am CST when the weather gets cooler... for non-televised games.

I go to a lot of games, and this past season, all the games in Fayetteville that I went to were televised... which means not one of them started at either 11am or 6pm (I think it was mostly 11:30 and 2:30 starts).

When a television network is going to put you on TV, you play when they tell you that you're going to play. That's how it works.

Start times for TV games should not be editable. Period. End of story.

But with that said, the game's logic for determining start times for televised games should probably be improved. Weekday start times need to be in the evening only. ESPN is never going to move a team's game from Saturday to Thursday to put them on television at 3:30 EST. All the baseball fans will be changing the channel...

Moreover, without actually naming CBS, NBC, Fox, etc., EA needs to go in and maybe make up some fictional names for networks or something and distinguish between the networks and clarify which regions your game is being broadcast too and make this have an impact on recruit. But back to the main point... CBS is the main broadcaster for SEC games. They have their times they like to broadcast games. So televised SEC matchups should tend to match this.

Here's a look at the REAL week 1 schedule for televised games this coming season. (All times Eastern.)

Thursday, September 1
Murray State at Louisville, 6pm, ESPNU
Villanova at Temple, 7pm, ESPN3.com
North Texas at FIU, 7pm, ESPN3.com
Western Carolina at Georgia Tech, 7:30pm ESPN3.com
UNLV at Wisconsin, 8pm, ESPN
Western Kentucky at Kentucky, 9:15pm, ESPNU

Friday, September 2
TCU at Baylor, 8pm, ESPN

Saturday, September 3
Rice at Texas, TBA, Longhorn Network
Northwestern at Boston College, Noon, ESPNU
Akron at Ohio State, Noon, ESPN
Minnesota at USC, 3:30pm, ABC
UL-Monroe at Florida State, 3:30pm, ESPNU
South Florida at Notre Dame, 3:30pm, NBC
Western Michigan at Michigan, 3:30pm, ABC
Troy at Clemson, 3:30pm, ESPN3.com
BYU at Ole Miss, 4:15pm, ESPN
Liberty at NCSU, 6pm, ESPN3.com
William & Mary at Virginia, 6pm, ESPN3.com
Ball State at Indiana, 7pm, ESPN3.com
Richmond at Duke, 7pm, ESPN3.com
Army at Northern Illinois, 7pm, ESPN3.com
Boise State at Georgia, 8pm, ESPN
Oregon at LSU, 8pm, ABC
Wake Forest at Syracuse, 8pm, ESPN3.com
Colorado at Hawaii, 10:15pm, ESPN2

Sunday, September 4
Marshall at West Virginia, 3:30pm, ESPN

Monday, September 5
Miami (FL) at Maryland, 8pm, ESPN

So yea, weekday games should always be at 7pm or 8pm EST. And weekend games should try to follow a little bit more realistic televised pattern.

A couple things to notice from this list.

First, Texas' kick off time is TBA. They're televising their own game with the school's network, so they start whenever they want to start. Most likely, they're waiting for the major networks to finalize all their start times so that Texas isn't starting at the same time as some other Big 12 school's televised game, etc.

Second, CBS hasn't scheduled, or even picked, any games yet. I can't remember if they really televise a lot in the early part of the season before the SEC starts conference play, and ESPN/ABC already have the big time match-ups involving an SEC school (Oregon/LSU, Boise State/Georgia, BYU/Ole Miss). There are some other decent games involving SEC schools they could pick up in week 1. But basically, the SEC game of the week is at 3:30 on CBS. If there are 2 or 3 good SEC games, CBS also does noon and 8pm kickoffs.

They also have long term deals for the Tennessee-Florida game, Florida-Georgia, Arkansas-LSU, and I believe the Air Force's service academy games. These games all typically start at 2:30 or 3:30.

And the thing is, there are little nuances like this for every team and every conference. It would be nice if these things were fixed for realism, because lots of us love the sim experience of NCAA football.

However... to call this a glitch is inaccurate, and to call it inexcusable is laughable.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

However... to call this a glitch is inaccurate, and to call it inexcusable is laughable.
I agree with the glitch part, but why isn't 3:30pm EST Thursday night games not inexcusable? You just did more than enough to provide times, network information that most every huge college football fan knows, but you're not getting $60 a pop for the past 10+ years to do so.

I saw another thread where the Auburn Players had MINI Numbers LOL!!

The trailer, GT ran out of the wrong side of the stadium (trying to find out if that's fixed on the questions thread)....

So All in all, while the time wouldn't necessarily bother me to any extent, it is sort of inexcusable and I don't see how anyone can defend that seeing a Thursday Night game staged for 3:30PM is hard to spot? The little MINI numbers on Auburn's jersey, now they're hard to spot...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #56
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

This belongs here
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »