Home

Just some random notes on Nebraska

This is a discussion on Just some random notes on Nebraska within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 AM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Just some random notes on Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Yeah the rosters are somewhat off, but I don't think it's anything that editing can't fix. Defense looks pretty good, while offense some changes are required.
Yeah, editing should take care of things, will just require a lot more care this year. Maybe we can get a patch on the default rosters midway through for online lobby play though.

Oh, I also suck with TMagic at QB. I put Jamal Turner in there in the second half of my first game and came from behind to win.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #10
Rookie

Buster6's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Yeah, editing should take care of things, will just require a lot more care this year. Maybe we can get a patch on the default rosters midway through for online lobby play though.

Oh, I also suck with TMagic at QB. I put Jamal Turner in there in the second half of my first game and came from behind to win.
Should have thrown Burkhead in at QB. Didn't he have like 3 passing touchdowns last year?

Bubba Starling would have been a solid choice as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #11
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster6
Should have thrown Burkhead in at QB. Didn't he have like 3 passing touchdowns last year?

Bubba Starling would have been a solid choice as well.
Haha Burkhead had enough on his plate running a 100 yard kickoff back and scoring 2 rushing TDs. The default Nebraska book does have Wildcat with some throws in it though. I think he had 3 or 4 passing TD last year, very efficient lol.

I hope with all my heart that Bubba comes here, but I am hearing that the Royals offered him like 6.5 million to sign. If that's true, I'd take the money and run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #12
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

im playing as Nebraska in my dynasty right now. T. Martinez gets hurt alot! Use Tulsa playbook if you want to play like they do in real life. Rex is still a beast.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 07-12-2011, 04:33 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I noticed the OU rivalry thing because it gave me OU in a Play Now. I played it anyway because I miss OU lol.

Just looking at Nebraska, I have no idea what is going on with their roster but it is not even close to accurate.

Taylor Martinez (3) has his redshirt used up, Cody Green (17) is no longer with the team, I think 16 is supposed to be Brion Carnes but Carnes is 15 and a RS Freshman in real life, not a Soph. I assume QB #7 is supposed to be Jamal Turner.

I have no idea about the I-Backs behind Burkhead. #27 is probably Tray Robinson who is no longer with the team (and hasn't been since January), 21 is Aaron Green, 14 is Lester Ward and 29 is Okafor.

The offense is just all sorts of messed up. D looks okay, other than Alfonzo Dennard being the best corner in college football and not even being 90 rated.
just to throw this one out there Taylor Martinez was a rFr when he started last year so sorry to say it but his red-shirt was used up 2 years ago when he came on campus and QB #7 is Cody Spano not Jamal Turner.. Turner isn't on the default rosters. and my personal Nebraska roster tweak will have increased ratings for Alfonso Dennard.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:35 AM   #14
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
im playing as Nebraska in my dynasty right now. T. Martinez gets hurt alot! Use Tulsa playbook if you want to play like they do in real life. Rex is still a beast.
Taylor Martinez getting hurt a lot is probably the most realistic thing in the game lol.

He just plain sucked in the games I have played, but the default rosters don't do a good job at capturing his skills. Last year with edited rosters, I ran total spread to perfection with him. This year, I think I am going to evolve the Nebraska offense to be a combination of those Flex Shotgun Formations, Wildcat and Pistol. Maybe a few under center power I looks too.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:36 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think its funny that they have T-Magic as 82 speed yet unproven Jamal Turner at 87 speed... And I hope to god Bubba ends up at NU, he seems humble enough to play receiver if T-Magic turns out to have actually improved from last year.

If Starling ends up at NU I think we could be looking at Turner and Starling as #2 and #3 receivers or even Starling as #1 or #2 QB. Turner is just too good at WR/PR/KR to let him do anything else.

EDIT: No way QB #7 is Kody Spano, QB #7 is an exact clone of Turner, Spano was not a 87 speed scrambling QB, nor would he have been a freshman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 AM   #16
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
just to throw this one out there Taylor Martinez was a rFr when he started last year so sorry to say it but his red-shirt was used up 2 years ago when he came on campus and QB #7 is Cody Spano not Jamal Turner.. Turner isn't on the default rosters. and my personal Nebraska roster tweak will have increased ratings for Alfonso Dennard.
Umm, I'm not sure what info you have, but Taylor Martinez is a true Sophomore. He was a true Freshman last year.

#7 is in fact Jamal Turner. Kody Spano is A) Not black, B) Not a true Freshman and C) Not anywhere near 6'1" 175.

And good for Fonzy, he should be the second highest rated player on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »