Home

Just some random notes on Nebraska

This is a discussion on Just some random notes on Nebraska within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8
Just some random notes on Nebraska

*Nebraska's team ratings are way off in my opinion. B+ across the board. I'd say it should be B at best on offense, and A at worst on defense.

*Nebraska is ranked 16th with B+ across the board. Penn State is unranked with A- across the board. Hmmm. I know rankings have more indicators than just team ratings, but its a little weird.

*On the Nebraska/Penn State subject, we aren't listed as a rivalry game, despite the fact that we are designated yearly cross-division rivals with Penn State. We are listed as rivals with Iowa, Oklahoma and Colorado though. I don't know if we can be rivals with teams we'll never play.

*Nebraska/Missouri is still listed as playing for the Nebraska-Missouri Bell (at least in exhibition). We won't be playing them in the forseeable future, I think this can be removed.

These aren't huge issues, just a few things I quickly noticed when I first turned on the game. Team ratings are dynamic so its not like that is a huge deal to start off with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Just some random notes on Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
*Nebraska's team ratings are way off in my opinion. B+ across the board. I'd say it should be B at best on offense, and A at worst on defense.

*Nebraska is ranked 16th with B+ across the board. Penn State is unranked with A- across the board. Hmmm. I know rankings have more indicators than just team ratings, but its a little weird.

*On the Nebraska/Penn State subject, we aren't listed as a rivalry game, despite the fact that we are designated yearly cross-division rivals with Penn State. We are listed as rivals with Iowa, Oklahoma and Colorado though. I don't know if we can be rivals with teams we'll never play.

*Nebraska/Missouri is still listed as playing for the Nebraska-Missouri Bell (at least in exhibition). We won't be playing them in the forseeable future, I think this can be removed.

These aren't huge issues, just a few things I quickly noticed when I first turned on the game. Team ratings are dynamic so its not like that is a huge deal to start off with.
I'm guessing they made Nebraska/Mizzou a protected rivalry, you can change it so they don't play them every year if you want.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Funny, I just beat Nebraska with Penn State 45-13.

First game I played, default AA, 8 min quarters.....

Although the first thing I did was bench #11 McGloin.....

Nebraska Benched their QB #3 at halftime.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd115

Score seems a bit lopsided sir. Try heisman?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Score seems a bit lopsided sir. Try heisman?
Not everyone plays the game realistically.

edit: Rephrased my statement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd115

Damn. I played the same game, and I'm actually finding AA to be pretty challenging (of course I'm not as pro at this game as some of you all).

I'm tied 7-7 at the half. Both defenses are nasty.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I noticed the OU rivalry thing because it gave me OU in a Play Now. I played it anyway because I miss OU lol.

Just looking at Nebraska, I have no idea what is going on with their roster but it is not even close to accurate.

Taylor Martinez (3) has his redshirt used up, Cody Green (17) is no longer with the team, I think 16 is supposed to be Brion Carnes but Carnes is 15 and a RS Freshman in real life, not a Soph. I assume QB #7 is supposed to be Jamal Turner.

I have no idea about the I-Backs behind Burkhead. #27 is probably Tray Robinson who is no longer with the team (and hasn't been since January), 21 is Aaron Green, 14 is Lester Ward and 29 is Okafor.

The offense is just all sorts of messed up. D looks okay, other than Alfonzo Dennard being the best corner in college football and not even being 90 rated.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 07-12-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Hit enter before finishing
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #8
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I noticed the OU rivalry thing because it gave me OU in a Play Now. I played it anyway because I miss OU lol.

Just looking at Nebraska, I have no idea what is going on with their roster but it is not even close to accurate.

Taylor Martinez (3) has his redshirt used up, Cody Green (17) is no longer with the team, I think 16 is supposed to be Brion Carnes but Carnes is 15 and a RS Freshman in real life, not a Soph. I assume QB #7 is supposed to be Jamal Turner.

I have no idea about the I-Backs behind Burkhead. #27 is probably Tray Robinson who is no longer with the team (and hasn't been since January), 21 is Aaron Green, 14 is Lester Ward and 29 is Okafor.

The offense is just all sorts of messed up. D looks okay, other than Alfonzo Dennard being the best corner in college football and not even being 90 rated.
Yeah the rosters are somewhat off, but I don't think it's anything that editing can't fix. Defense looks pretty good, while offense some changes are required.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »