Home

bring a rival into your conference = extra conference game?

This is a discussion on bring a rival into your conference = extra conference game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: bring a rival into your conference = extra conference game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Sure you didn't forget protected rivals? Turning them off in a 12-team conference = 9 games.
i spent 20-30 minutes going through and setting each protected rivalry in all 8 of my 12-team BCS conferences, and then i went through to double check that i had them all turned on when i was finished... not trying to sound too defensive here but yeah i'm sure

now i didn't feel like doing it all again so in my tulsa dynasty i just hit "randomize schedule" a few times and after 3 or 4 i got back down to an 8-team slate, all 5 opponents in my division, my protected, then two from the other division... i was happy with that so i didn't try to hit it again! but if anyone else experiences this issue there's your possible workaround, just keep spinning the wheel
Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
i spent 20-30 minutes going through and setting each protected rivalry in all 8 of my 12-team BCS conferences, and then i went through to double check that i had them all turned on when i was finished... not trying to sound too defensive here but yeah i'm sure

now i didn't feel like doing it all again so in my tulsa dynasty i just hit "randomize schedule" a few times and after 3 or 4 i got back down to an 8-team slate, all 5 opponents in my division, my protected, then two from the other division... i was happy with that so i didn't try to hit it again! but if anyone else experiences this issue there's your possible workaround, just keep spinning the wheel
This issue is rampant with custom conferences. I guess people on here

A. Do not care
B. Have not got to dynasty much yet due to waiting on rosters.
C. Have not noticed.

I have 4 16 team Super Conferences...ACC, Big Ten, PAC 12 ,SEC. Every year, there are two teams in one of the conferences that play 10 conference games(suppose to play 9 with 16 team conferences)...say OSU in the Leaders will play Michigan ST from the Legends...both have 10 games, while everyone else has the normal 9.

Same with any other custom conference set up I've done. Making the Big XII 12 teams ago in one test dynasty gave me a whole lot of issues. I had protected rivals on...and half the conference always had 9 conference games with the occasional 10, and one time, A&M played 11!!! lol

This is the first year of this deep feature and I expected growing pains so I am just now going to let it flow and live with it. I am enjoying the 4 16 team conference set up, and can live with 2 teams from one conference playing an extra game.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302

A. Do not care
C. Have not noticed.

I have 4 16 team Super Conferences...ACC, Big Ten, PAC 12 ,SEC. Every year, there are two teams in one of the conferences that play 10 conference games(suppose to play 9 with 16 team conferences)...say OSU in the Leaders will play Michigan ST from the Legends...both have 10 games, while everyone else has the normal 9.

Same with any other custom conference set up I've done. Making the Big XII 12 teams ago in one test dynasty gave me a whole lot of issues. I had protected rivals on...and half the conference always had 9 conference games with the occasional 10, and one time, A&M played 11!!! lol

This is the first year of this deep feature and I expected growing pains so I am just now going to let it flow and live with it. I am enjoying the 4 16 team conference set up, and can live with 2 teams from one conference playing an extra game.
i'm with you on the "growing pains," not going to complain too much because i'd rather have the feature and live with an issue like this rather than go without the customizability... just think people should be aware of it so EA can patch this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:

A. Do not care
C. Have not noticed.

Just another example of another "little thing" that EA missed this year... Its pretty sad, and very clear that these games DO NOT get tested for very long during the final stages of production. Anyone on here, that has ever played this game would have looked for stuff like this, had we had the opportunity... Can we get a BETA TEST for NCAA 13??? I'll do it for free, I just want these things to be corrected next season...

Couple issues i've seen so far...

1. custom playbooks screwed up.
2. custom conference screwed up.
3. custom conference title game sites look like NFL Preseason games with no field art whatsoever
4. no conference patches or stickers on helmets for teams that you move from another conference.
5. why can't we just pick the users in offline dynasty like we have for the past 10 years? why do we have to "create a coach" and then pick what team he coaches? So this means we can't do a multi team dynasty with the correct coaches, unless you create him twice...
6. whats up with the trajectory of the passes? every pass is 5 feet off the ground and leads to ridiculous int by LB's and batted passes by DLineman... This has been an issue since PS3 and 360 launched 5 YEARS AGO!!! FIX IT!!!

psn - CeeGee
Old 07-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Just another example of another "little thing" that EA missed this year... Its pretty sad, and very clear that these games DO NOT get tested for very long during the final stages of production. Anyone on here, that has ever played this game would have looked for stuff like this, had we had the opportunity... Can we get a BETA TEST for NCAA 13??? I'll do it for free, I just want these things to be corrected next season...

Couple issues i've seen so far...

1. custom playbooks screwed up.
2. custom conference screwed up.
3. custom conference title game sites look like NFL Preseason games with no field art whatsoever
4. no conference patches or stickers on helmets for teams that you move from another conference.
5. why can't we just pick the users in offline dynasty like we have for the past 10 years? why do we have to "create a coach" and then pick what team he coaches? So this means we can't do a multi team dynasty with the correct coaches, unless you create him twice...
6. whats up with the trajectory of the passes? every pass is 5 feet off the ground and leads to ridiculous int by LB's and batted passes by DLineman... This has been an issue since PS3 and 360 launched 5 YEARS AGO!!! FIX IT!!!
dude. breathe. it's a great video game, and having you as the world's greatest beta tester wouldn't fix all of those issues just like that.

mods, could you please lock/delete this thread at this point? i didn't mean to start a complaint rant, just wanted to see if others had similar issues. there are better threads out there discussing this issue. thanks
Old 07-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

A. Do not care
C. Have not noticed.

I had a mile long thread like the night the game came out on what custom conferences did to dynasty, but I guess no one read it. Might need a bump. It went into tons of things that appear, that you can and can't do, what you should expect, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »