Home

Dynasty - Who, What, Why and How

This is a discussion on Dynasty - Who, What, Why and How within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty - Who, What, Why and How

It's nice to know that some of you guys on here can feel my pain in regards to squeezing in games when the girlfriend or wife is home. I have one buddy who waits till his wife goes to sleep to get in his game time but honestly, by the time 10 PM rolls around I'm too tired to do anything but get into bed.

While I'd like to play the game more since I just got it, not worth pissing off or losing my woman over...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
For those of you starting as offensive coordinators for teams with bad offenses... what type of offense do those teams have to start with?

I'm still deciding on who I want to start with. All I know is I want a bad team that I can run a pro-style, run heavy offense with.
You can pick the type of offense that you want to run no matter the team you choose to play with. I'm running out of FSU's offense, but I'm coaching at New Mexico
Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #27
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvin63
It's nice to know that some of you guys on here can feel my pain in regards to squeezing in games when the girlfriend or wife is home. I have one buddy who waits till his wife goes to sleep to get in his game time but honestly, by the time 10 PM rolls around I'm too tired to do anything but get into bed.

While I'd like to play the game more since I just got it, not worth pissing off or losing my woman over...

No doubt, girlfriends/wives come with benefits that the game does not provide, but on that note I'm definitely gonna get my time in before she pops up to crib tonight. LMAO
Old 07-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntswithweim
Who: North Texas
What: OC
Why: Wanted a challenge and it has been. Lost my starting/star RB for the year third quarter in first game and he is a senior. Kinda wish the game had medical redshirts.
How: Frist game at FIU won 24-21. So far this season 3-2.
I feel you man. My senior RB rushed for over 100 yards in Game 1 and 2 of the season, then in the second quarter of Game 3 he got injured and is out for the year.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor
You can pick the type of offense that you want to run no matter the team you choose to play with. I'm running out of FSU's offense, but I'm coaching at New Mexico
No you can't. There are a lot of teams with no fullbacks.

A LOT.

Can't run a pro-style offense without at least 4-5 RBs, 2-3 FBs, and 3-5 legitimately good TEs.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #30
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

Then adding kids into the mix makes it really difficult to get any game time in. As soon as I get home from work: it's dinner time, playing with my two daughters (3 and 6 years old), then they go to bed, then I spend time with my wife. On top of that I try to work out and then finally I might not be to tired to play my game.

They really need in-game saves!!!! That way I could play part of my dynasty games and not have to worry about not being able to finish a whole game.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990
Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #31
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

Quote:

A LOT.

Can't run a pro-style offense without at least 4-5 RBs, 2-3 FBs, and 3-5 legitimately good TEs.
That's why you switch up positions in your depth chart. It may hurt the first few seasons until you can recruit the players needed to run the system but it is a chance you take when you starting from the bottom. UNM is DEFINITELY not FSU (no disrespect to you Lobo fans out there), but the style of coordinator I picked runs the FSU offense so I have to do it with the personnel that New Mexico is equipped with. Thank goodness for recruiting. {We may be looking at this from to different angles of your question}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

A LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor
That's why you switch up positions in your depth chart. It may hurt the first few seasons until you can recruit the players needed to run the system but it is a chance you take when you starting from the bottom. UNM is DEFINITELY not FSU (no disrespect to you Lobo fans out there), but the style of coordinator I picked runs the FSU offense so I have to do it with the personnel that New Mexico is equipped with. Thank goodness for recruiting
I said 4-5 RBs, 2-3 FBs, and 3-5 TEs. That's 9-13 players that would fill each others roles.

Go look at a spread offense's depth chart. They'll have like 3-5 HB and 2-4 TE. And 0 FB.

I don't mind if I have to move a TE or two to FB for the first few seasons, but I'm not going to take a Spread offense with no FB and not enough TE to convert any to FB and still have enough TE.

There are schools in the game that have bad offenses and run a pro-style offense and have the personnel in place to run the type of offense I want to run. One of these I know of is Tulane. I think Fresno State is another one. I'm just trying to figure out what all my options are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »