Home

What's your Recruiting difficulty?

This is a discussion on What's your Recruiting difficulty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What's your Recruiting difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb
I play on AA with sliders and recruit on Heisman. I created a MAC school and was fairly successful at beating the other MAC schools and lower tier B1G schools for recruits as well as stealing 1 or 2 from mid-to-upper tier BCS schools.

When you are going through, just look for guys that have you in their top 3-5. If you fall significantly behind a school that is better than yours, just drop the kid and find someone else. The idea is that you don't want to waste any time on recruits that you won't really have a chance with.
Interesting. I guess my question is for the heisman recruiting people is if it'spossible for Mac schools to get 3 or 4 star recruits on heisman? Obviously I know it's not possible to land four or five 5 star recruits with say Eastern Michigan. Just want to know if it's possible to build a small school into a powerhouse through recruiting on heisman?
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal_cucchiara123
Interesting. I guess my question is for the heisman recruiting people is if it'spossible for Mac schools to get 3 or 4 star recruits on heisman? Obviously I know it's not possible to land four or five 5 star recruits with say Eastern Michigan. Just want to know if it's possible to build a small school into a powerhouse through recruiting on heisman?
Almost my entire recruiting class was 3 stars last year. I think the only one that wasn't was a FB that I stole from SoCar that was a 1*, but came in rated 79. I might have added some 2 stars at the end for filler, but I don't think that was the case. Almost all of the players coming in were equal or better than the existing position competition, so in a few years, they should really start looking good.

I tried recruiting some 4 and 5 star players this year, but I'm not having great luck with them. I did start the season with some 4 stars interested in my school, though, which is the only reason I tried.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Almost my entire recruiting class was 3 stars last year. I think the only one that wasn't was a FB that I stole from SoCar that was a 1*, but came in rated 79. I might have added some 2 stars at the end for filler, but I don't think that was the case. Almost all of the players coming in were equal or better than the existing position competition, so in a few years, they should really start looking good.

I tried recruiting some 4 and 5 star players this year, but I'm not having great luck with them. I did start the season with some 4 stars interested in my school, though, which is the only reason I tried.
Nice. Last year I heard so many people say heisman is insanely difficult and not realistic that I just decided All American. Most people here it sounds like they use AA so I just rolled with that.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Old 07-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
Rookie

Oh, and try to recruit a lot of players from pipeline states. You don't have to recruit exclusively from those states, but it gives you 10-15 points per pitch. If you spend an hour with that recruit every week for 14 weeks, that's an additional 840-1260 points that you get toward that recruit, which can obviously make a huge difference between stealing a recruit and coming in a distant second.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey guys, I haven't played NCAA seriously for a few years. Just rented it for a week or two and didn't care much for the gameplay. But one thing that I also disliked was the amount of time it took to recruit. Is it similar this year to previous years in how long it takes to recruit each week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Oh, and try to recruit a lot of players from pipeline states. You don't have to recruit exclusively from those states, but it gives you 10-15 points per pitch. If you spend an hour with that recruit every week for 14 weeks, that's an additional 840-1260 points that you get toward that recruit, which can obviously make a huge difference between stealing a recruit and coming in a distant second.
Yeah I always go about 95% pipeline. I'm sure on Heisman that is key. So to you heisman isn't unrealistic?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #23
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

AA for recruiting and playing. After week 5 or 6, I sort the prospect list by "10 schools remaining" and find tons of 3 and 4 star recruits that the cpu isn't recruiting at all. I usually land a couple of those guys every season even with schools like Western Mich or FAU.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #24
Rookie

No. In the past I've done AA in both gameplay and recruiting to get used to the game for the first season and then switched to Heisman for the second season. AA was always too easy because I'd get a bunch of 5 stars and a bunch of four stars (at Michigan) and then even on Heisman, it was easy to win and get the top class every year. This year I'm sticking with AA on sliders and Heisman recruiting, plus I'm starting out at a Teambuilder MAC school. I didn't have any trouble my first season, but I'm having trouble my second season because I got cocky and spread myself too thin. I'll go back to following my own advice in my third season and be fine. It is going to be rough at first, but like I said, my guys are coming in as freshmen, playing at the same level as the upper classmen. In a few years they'll be playing at a higher level, which makes it easier to win and therefore easier to recruit.

One kind of gamey thing I noticed last year was that you always had an easier time recruiting if you lost the NCG as opposed to winning it. I don't know why that would be other than maybe some specific logic to make the recruits think "Well, this team is almost there. I can be the Key." as opposed to "This team is stacked, so I should go somewhere where I can get playing time."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »