Home

I want this game. But I have a PS3. So...

This is a discussion on I want this game. But I have a PS3. So... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Question I want this game. But I have a PS3. So...

does that version suck this year? or are they pretty equal? i know it won't be totally equal since they develop on the 360. but pretty close is good enough for me. thanks in advance. (if your post was useful. )

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I want this game. But I have a PS3. So...

Yes it's fine. My graphics look just as good as my friends 360 version. I've had no problems.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
does that version suck this year? or are they pretty equal? i know it won't be totally equal since they develop on the 360. but pretty close is good enough for me. thanks in advance. (if your post was useful. )
It looks and plays better on the XBOX 360...
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Bruinboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Don't have a 360 to which to compare, but my PS3 version looks terrific. Plays fine as well.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bro I was having the same issue, luckily I have both consoles so what i did was buy the 360 version, but did not open it yet because its by default better on that console, an I rented the PS3 version from blockbuster. Played the PS3 version the entire evening til about 5am. I couldnt take it anymore after noticing jagged textures, watered down details an blurryness that was unacceptable for hd gaming. Soon as I popped in the 360 version it was like a breath of fresh air. Vibrant colors, smoooooth player models an textures, legible numbers on uniforms an just crisp. PS3 isnt terrible by no means, but I will say the difference is much greater when comparing this years game on both consoles then last yrs ncaa football 11. Hope you have a 360 for this, but if you dont you'll still have fun, just know that its significantly better on the 360 lol.

Last edited by locst24; 07-13-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by locst24
Bro I was having the same issue, luckily I have both consoles so what i did was buy the 360 version, but did not open it yet because its by default better on that console, an I rented the PS3 version from blockbuster. Played the PS3 version the entire evening til about 5am. I couldnt take it anymore after noticing jagged textures, watered down details an blurryness that was unacceptable for hd gaming. Soon as I popped in the 360 version it was like a breath of fresh air. Vibrant colors, smoooooth player models an textures, legible numbers on uniforms an just crisp. PS3 isnt terrible by no means, but I will say the difference is much greater when comparing this years game on both consoles then last yrs ncaa football 11. Hope you have a 360 for this, but if you dont you'll still have fun, just know that its significantly better on the 360 lol
Are you serious?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Played both, love the PS3 version, will not lose any sleep over it. In no way is it significantly better on the 360. Better? Just like every EA Sports game ever has been better on the 360 over the PS3 graphically, sure. I would even say noticeably better. But the difference, while noticeable, is still small.

Ignore the (fairly obvious) console fanboys....... I doubt some of them have even played the PS3 version.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bro if you play them both at the same time...which I have, it's quite apparent the PS3 version is not crisp at all. Minimal bother to some, but to the ones who really do care, its obvious. Fuzzy an blurry, or Clear an crisp, its cut an dry.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »