Home

What do you guys think of my new MWC?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think of my new MWC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What do you guys think of my new MWC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
The West is stacked vs the East. BYU will win their division every year while there will be a dogfight in the West.
AF and CS lead the East at 6-4 and BYU is 3-7, West Boise 10-0 with SDS 9-1.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
My MWC

East

Air Force
Colorado State
Wyoming
Utah State
BYU
New Mexico

West

Boise State
San Diego State
Fresno State
Nevada
UNLV
Hawaii

i think u should have kept TCU and put them or boise in the east. just my opinion tho.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #19
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey guys...I have the game, but I was wondering if you can do the changes to Conference(s) prior to the start of Season 1??

Thanks for your help, fellas!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #20
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBulldawg34
Hey guys...I have the game, but I was wondering if you can do the changes to Conference(s) prior to the start of Season 1??

Thanks for your help, fellas!!
Yes you can, I made the SWC season 1.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Since BYU is now Independent and TCU will be joining the Big East starting in 2012, i felt the need to reorder the MWC myself...this is how i did it:

Blue Division
Boise State
Nevada
Wyoming
UNLV
Utah State
UTEP

White Division
Fresno State
Hawaii
Colorado State
San Diego State
Air Force
New Mexico

Protected Rivalries
Boise State VS Fresno State
Nevada VS Hawaii
Wyoming VS Colorado State
UNLV VS San Diego State
Utah State VS Air Force
UTEP VS New Mexico

Conference Title Game Site
Invesco Field, Denver, Colorado

I went with Blue and White for the divisions because those are the colors in the MWC logo, and because regional divisions dont work...either way u slice it, the "North" or "West" would be stacked with Boise, Nevada, and possibly Fresno, Hawaii and SD State...

As for the teams in each division, i tried to balance them out based on their overall rating and prestige level...in the Blue division you have Boise and Nevada, the two best teams in the league, but in the White Division you have Hawaii, Fresno, SD State, Colorado State and Air Force, which are all above a 78 overall, and 3 of them over an 81...i could have switched Nevada with Fresno though, and put the two best teams in different divisions, like the Big Ten did with Ohio State and Michigan...but i figured that while Boise and Nevada will battle it out for their division every year, the White Division will be up for grabs year-in and year-out...

and the Protected Rivalries were hard to figure, since there arent many rivalries among the teams...most of them would be within their own respective divisions...it might be best to not have Protected Rivalries, since the only team of any prestige is Boise State, and any team matched up with them would be at a major disadvantage within their own division...but, for the sake of argument i tried to come up with the best matchups to be protected...as shown in the Big Ten, the biggest rivalry takes precedence over all others, being, of course, Ohio State VS Michigan...in this case, that rivalry would be Boise State VS Fresno State (which is called "The Battle for the Milk Can")...the only other real rivalry is Wyoming with either Hawaii (The Battle for the Paniolo Trophy) or Colorado State (the Border War)...and since the "Border War" is more prestigious, i went with that one...also, i could put Hawaii VS Nevada, since they were former WAC opponents...the other three are technically border battles, (UNLV VS SD State, Utah St VS Air Force, UTEP VS New Mexico) so at least they would have that to go on...

As for the Automatic Qualifier i thought of giving it to the "New Mountain West", but i didnt really feel they deserved it based on the strength of the league...yea, Boise State would, but what if they lost in the Title Game to a 7-5 Fresno State team that Boise had destroyed in the regular season matchup?...Any AQ given to the MWC would be almost solely for the benefits of Boise State...

Last edited by kruszer; 07-15-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #22
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Yes you can, I made the SWC season 1.
That's great. How do I go about doing this though?

The reason I asked was because I couldn't find it (or didn't know where to look for the option) when I started my 1st "trial Season."

Thanks!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 AM   #23
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruszer
Since BYU is now Independent and TCU will be joining the Big East starting in 2012, i felt the need to reorder the MWC myself...this is how i did it:

Blue Division
Boise State
Nevada
Wyoming
UNLV
Utah State
UTEP

White Division
Fresno State
Hawaii
Colorado State
San Diego State
Air Force
New Mexico

Protected Rivalries
Boise State VS Fresno State
Nevada VS Hawaii
Wyoming VS Colorado State
UNLV VS San Diego State
Utah State VS Air Force
UTEP VS New Mexico

Conference Title Game Site
Invesco Field, Denver, Colorado

I went with Blue and White for the divisions because those are the colors in the MWC logo, and because regional divisions dont work...either way u slice it, the "North" or "West" would be stacked with Boise, Nevada, an possibly Fresno and Hawaii...

As for the teams in each division, i tried to balance them out based on their overall rating and prestige level...in the Blue division you have Boise and Nevada, the two best teams in the league, but in the White Division you have Hawaii, Fresno, SD State, and Air Force, which are all above a 78 overall, and 3 of them over an 81...i could have switched Nevada with Fresno though, and put the two best teams in different divisions, like the Big Ten did with Ohio State and Michigan...

and the Protected Rivalries were hard to figure, since there arent many rivalries among the teams...most of them would be within their own respective divisions...and as in the Big Ten, the biggest rivalry takes precedence over all others, being, of course, Ohio State VS Michigan...in this case, that rivalry would be Boise State VS Fresno State (which is called "The Battle for the Milk Can)...the only other real rivalry is Wyoming with either Hawaii (The Battle for the Paniolo Trophy) or Colorado State (the Border War)...and since the "Border War" is more prestigious, i went with that one...also, i could put Hawaii VS Nevada, since they were former WAC opponents...the other three are technically border battles, (UNLV VS SD State, Utah St VS Air Force, UTEP VS New Mexico) so at least they would have that to go on...

As for the Automatic Qualifier i thought of giving it to the "New Mountain West", but i didnt really feel they deserved it based on the strength of the league...yea, Boise State would, but what if they lost in the Title Game to a 7-5 Fresno State team that Boise had destroyed in the regular season matchup?...Any AQ given to the MWC would be almost solely for the benefits of Boise State...
Excellent write-up. I like what you did.

However, you could've put UNLV and Nevada as a Rivalry.
Boise against Hawai'i and Fresno State.
Air Force and Colorado State as well.

And as far as Blue and White, I thought the Mountain West's colors were Purple and White??

However, I still like what you've done there, bro.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #24
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

I may be wrong but I thought the MWC colors were purple and white and if you were giving the divisons those names I would at least switch Air Force and UNLV because Air Force's color is blue and UNLV's is red which usually strikes me as the opposite of blue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »