Home

Statistical Look at Progression (Ongoing)

This is a discussion on Statistical Look at Progression (Ongoing) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Statistical Look at Progression (Ongoing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Ironically, I like the balance EA has struck. Season 10 was a bit high with 18 99-rated players and 11 QB's rated 99, but in general I think if it can stay below 5.5% for players rated 90+ -- I'm happy.

Also, my initial impression was that coach prestige is overpowered, but if it can drop back to around 30-40 -- I should be OK with that. Season 10 it dropped 9, which is shocking to say the least.

So you are cool with top 15 or so teams having starters AND backups rated in the 90's? wow

I would also guess the top 30 teams or so starters are mostly if not all rated in the 90's. That is not realistic at all.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #74
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
So you are cool with top 15 or so teams having starters AND backups rated in the 90's? wow

I would also guess the top 30 teams or so starters are mostly if not all rated in the 90's. That is not realistic at all.
The fact that players are rated to begin with isn't realistic. How do you know what ratings the real players are to make your comparison?
Old 07-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

That would be a lot more than 5% of the players.

I am not going to declare the sky is falling. I can live with what I am seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #76
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Back in year 9 I took a look at Texas who was A+ across the board. They had 17 players rated 90+.

It's really your call on how you feel about that. This thread is purely for statistical analysis and then people can form their own opinion. =)
Old 07-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #77
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The more I look at the numbers the more I think we've been looking at this wrong. When you consider the players are ranked 50-99 OVR, an even distribution would be 20% in each bracket (50-59, 60-69, etc).

Obviously the players in real life aren't distributed that way. There's more average (65-75) and very good (76-85) players than there are elite (90 +).

That being said, the players ranked over 90 is less than 5%!! That's not unrealistic. If anything the default rosters might be unrealistic. Perhaps there should be more higher rated players out of the box.

5% of the NCAA being elite players sounds pretty realistic to me. 95% of the players in the game are UNDER 90 OVR. Think about that. What is wrong with that?
High progression in and of itself isn't a problem. I wonder about the continuity with the recruiting and the Madden interface. Recruits seem to be rated very low. That means that if roster ratings skyrocket, lots of 3-star recruits will be cut immediately. Exorbitant roster ratings also means that all seven rounds of the NFL draft would eventually be filled with elite players. That's absurd. As it stands now, the supply of 90-rated draftees is usually exhausted somewhere in the 4th round, give or take a few exceptions. It's incumbent on EA to synchronize all this stuff in order to retain a balance. Actually, I'm awaiting the verdict before I buy and I appreciate the work that's being done on the subject.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
The fact that players are rated to begin with isn't realistic. How do you know what ratings the real players are to make your comparison?

Well ratings are all we have to go by. 90's have always been considered very good players in video games. I know of many top 25 teams in real life where half the roster are average college players at best...yet there are those special few on the team that make them a top 25 team. An example would be WVU from a few years back. Most of their starters were average players but because of Pat White and Steve Slaton, that team was consistently a top 10 team.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #79
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Could you tell us what the current top 25 is? Interested to see if coaches have impacted any major college football landscapes...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #80
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Updated through Season 11.

Notes:
- 99-rated players dropped to just 10 (lowest since season 5).
- Just 3 QBs with 99-rating, down 8 from previous year.
- Overall PCT. of 90+ players fell all the way to 4.68%. (393)
- 35 K/P in 90+ category.
- HC with A+ prestige increased 13 to 58.
- 8 A+ teams with 2 D+ team going into season 12.

Stanford is best rated team at A+, A, A+ and has 13 players with 90+ ratings.

That's it for today everyone!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »